• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldo: 13 Minutes of Town and Side Quest Gameplay

sublimit

Banned

Check out 13 minutes of gameplay in the town of Kidoge from Baldo: The Guardian Owls, the upcoming Zelda-like with a gorgeous Studio Ghibli-esque art style that's coming soon to Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Really like the look of this one except for the very small text.
Also from the Wikipedia:
Baldo has been in production for 15 years by Italian studio NAPS team. The studio's artist Fabio Capone stated that: "The idea started a long time ago, as a game called The Dark Knight ... That project ended once the GameBoy Advance era came to an end. It was a shame. A few years ago, once technology that allowed better cartoon shading came around, we thought it was a good time to get our hands on the project once again."[4][1]

The game is inspired by The Legend of Zelda: "It isn't focused on combat mainly, although that's a big part of it, but it will share a lot of elements from the Zelda series ... At its core Baldo is a puzzle and dungeon game, although there are plenty of other secrets inside".[4][5]

The game features a hand-drawn art style inspired by Japanese anime, including movies by Studio Ghibli and works by Hayao Miyazaki, with decrepit ruins, mystical libraries and quaint forest towns filling the screen, each with their own distinctive colours and picturesque backgrounds.[4] Capone stated: "I've always loved Japanese anime and that style since I was a kid. I always dreamed about a game that could bring people into that kind of magical world. No one's done that yet, so I decided to do it myself.[4]

Dr. Suchong

Looking forward to this.
Saw some trailers last year and it had some awful screen tearing. Looks like that's been resolved :)

Last edited:

PSYGN

Couldn't have picked a better name.

But tbh I'm a sucker for isometric games so I'll probably check it out.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Bordo

Edit: Has more charm than I’m giving it credit for after finishing the video, I leave my joke cause I like it more than the game but if I liked the story and art I’d give it a go and probably enjoy

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
O....With a D....... Was excited for a second..Never mind...

PBJ4wTjiRHozLXn24jyCVfJ8HXjRREUlPA-9JCWj0ITSUrfkdk30OmMNbB1M8zRyW6pPnU-Kp4OjQiZiNBHAFnQBZOHFvuoeFdvFfuhX_r8IJTfHPqw5xMpeVTWD4OA75-nx-lqPWVHaR6nuDt-jag

Top Bottom