• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 6.0 will increase the game size to 150GB

Draugoth

Gold Member
Releasing on PC, PlayStation, & Xbox, Patch 6 is 21GB and requires approximately 150GB of free space for PC & SteamDeck. Short on space? Uninstall BG3 and re-download the patched version!Mac players, keep an eye out here for when Patch 6 will be available for you!

With Patch 6, automatically triggered dialogue will now try to prioritise your avatar as the main speaker, so your party members should stop stealing the limelight!

Shield Bash and Rebuke of the Mighty have been fixed, which means your passives should now correctly trigger Saving Throws.

You’ll now be able to dismiss a recruited companion from your party while speaking to the companion you want to replace them with!

Last edited:

Kupfer

Awesome. Modern gaming is all about downloading 50 times your 100 GB game. And then we hear about green initiatives and saving the planet lol.
As long as you push the problem away from you and don't poop in your own front yard, nobody cares.
The only positive example I can think of is Valve. IIRC Steam allows you to move games from device to device on your own network without having to access Steam servers.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
So this is saying we'll need 150 GB of free space in order to download a patch that's only 21 GB in size? Oof.

cormack12

Gold Member
God Of War Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

skit_data

Great stuff, I've had party members being "forced" into dialogue several times (mostly after battles) where it would've been better if my main character (bard) would have handled it.

amigastar

150 GB? I'm playing with the thought of uninstalling Alan Wake 2 from my SSD. I've bought the game but never got very far because i'm a sissy when it comes to horror games.

Gambit2483

Have they never heard of compression technology? Or is there simply that much content/audio/texture data in the game??🤔

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
150 GB? I'm playing with the thought of uninstalling Alan Wake 2 from my SSD. I've bought the game but never got very far because i'm a sissy when it comes to horror games.

Let me make the horror part easy for you - the horror is entirely made up of random faces flashing up on your screen with a loud noise. That's it. You'll jump constantly but it's not a "scary" game in any other sense unfortunately.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Have they never heard of compression technology? Or is there simply that much content/audio/texture data in the game??🤔

There's something like 170 hours of recorded dialogue for a start.

amigastar

Let me make the horror part easy for you - the horror is entirely made up of random faces flashing up on your screen with a loud noise. That's it. You'll jump constantly but it's not a "scary" game in any other sense unfortunately.
Really? Sounds lame, lol. I thought it was a suspense horror game.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Really? Sounds lame, lol. I thought it was a suspense horror game.
There is ZERO horror in this game. A few grunge/overly bloody/body mutilation things, but zero horror. This is a fantasy adventure at its core, think scary elements on the level of Dark Crystal (Aka none)

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Sounds like a meaty patch, lets hope there is something interesting there.
Its 137GB on my PC so another 13GB is nothing to worry about.
Most of it is the voice-overs though, there is a lot of dialogue in this game and imagine the different language that takes a lot of space.

RickSanchez

Gold Member

Exactly. Non-contextual jump scares (just for the sake of having them) feels like a cheap shortcut in horror design. Especially for a game like Alan Wake 2 which doesn't need to resort to this since the atmosphere is creepy enough and very well done.

Top Bottom