• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ballon d'Or 2023: Messi beats Haaland to win for eighth time

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Haaland must be laughing.

He should have won it, sorry.

He had an insane season all together.

Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup and Champions League.

Top Premier League scorer with 36 goals. Top UEFA Champions League Scorer with 12 goals.

Total goals during season 22-23 were 52 in 53 matches.

b80dcb3c638151237893ca64923234da1fdc8195.jpeg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Definitely deserved it.

I think Haaland deserved it a bit more though

How? Because Argentina won the world cup? Messi wasn't even the top goal scorer in the French League. Messi top ten, sure, but winner? Not this year.

Haaland was the top goal scorer in the PL, broke the goal scoring record and was instrumental in Man City winning the treble.

The whole list is bizarre. How is Julian Alvarez above Victor Osimhen? WTF is that about?

DKehoe

How? Because Argentina won the world cup? Messi wasn't even the top goal scorer in the French League. Messi top ten, sure, but winner? Not this year.

Haaland was the top goal scorer in the PL, broke the goal scoring record and was instrumental in Man City winning the treble.

The whole list is bizarre. How is Julian Alvarez above Victor Osimhen? WTF is that about?

Players for the team who won the biggest competition that year always overachieve with the Balon d’Or results. Does anyone really think Emi Martinez was the 15th best player in the world for that year?

Toots

Gold Member
FIFA needs to remind us how corrupt and out of touch they are from time to time.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Players for the team who won the biggest competition that year always overachieve with the Balon d’Or results. Does anyone really think Emi Martinez was the 15th best player in the world for that year?

If that was the case then Mbappe would have bagged the 2018 award when France won the World Cup.

Same thing happened in 21 when Lewandowski was robbed.

Top Bottom