• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Trademarks Also Sprach Zarathustra - Is Xenosaga HD on the way?

RPGCrazied

From rpgfan.com

"In the world of RPGs, we last saw the words "Also Sprach Zarathustra" as the subtitle of the Xenosaga trilogy's final chapter in 2006. Nothing more ever came from the series directly since then, the only exceptions being some characters — most commonly, KOS-MOS — making cameo appearances in games like Project X Zone and most recently, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a rare Blade.
It's possible this new/updated trademark doesn't mean much. Maybe it's a boring legality? But that would beg the question as to why the other games' subtitles didn’t get new trademarks.
So, let’s wildly speculate! Could an HD remaster of the trilogy be on the horizon? Could such a thing possibly fix Xenosaga Episode II? Is it a new mobile game? Or maybe, just maybe, Bandai Namco was inspired by Nintendo's recent Mario cereal with its amiibo box and soon we'll be eating our very own bowls of KOS-MOS O's.
(It's probably an HD release, so that would be cool.) "

They have been teasing this for a while. Just announce it already.

KevinKeene

Banned
All I will say is: fuck Bandai Namco if a remaster is coming and skipping the Switch. Sorry, but I've become bitter with how Bandai Namco treats the Switch and its audience. I can totally see them releasing Xenosaga HD for everthing BUT the Switch ...

Would love to play this on Switch, no way I'm going to play such a game tied to the tv.

Feeroper

Yeah this needs to be on Switch if real. If it is indeed coming and not to the Switch I’ll be tempted, but may hold out for the hope of an eventual Switch version. Given the spiritual ties to XBC it would seem like a natural choice to put on Switch, especially given XBC2’s recent sales success.

Last edited:
All I will say is: fuck Bandai Namco if a remaster is coming and skipping the Switch. Sorry, but I've become bitter with how Bandai Namco treats the Switch and its audience. I can totally see them releasing Xenosaga HD for everthing BUT the Switch ...

Would love to play this on Switch, no way I'm going to play such a game tied to the tv.

Wait until e3. Namco has a few big things instore for Switch.

I have no idea if Xenogears is coming or not. But anything Xeno belongs on Switch. But I could see Sony buying the exclusivity of it. Especially if the next Ridge Racer is exclusive to Switch.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
LOL at the pre-emptive port begging. I kind of hope it’s a PlayStation exclusive just to see all the bitter tears.

Anyway I’d love for a remaster, but they seriously need to revamp the battle system. Also a coherent art style across all 3 episodes would be nice.

KevinKeene

Banned
LOL at the pre-emptive port begging. I kind of hope it’s a PlayStation exclusive just to see all the bitter tears.

Anyway I’d love for a remaster, but they seriously need to revamp the battle system. Also a coherent art style across all 3 episodes would be nice.

I'm pre-emptively shitting on BN, not begging ;)

Here, you can have the new Ridge Racer, I get XS HD. ;i

I'm pre-emptively shitting on BN, not begging ;)

Here, you can have the new Ridge Racer, I get XS HD. ;i
Well if it is an escalation war, nintendo would then go to Konami and fund HD Suikoden trilogy.

Sony would respond with Breathe of Fire with Capcom. Or Final fantasy tactics with Square.

If we keep going this way we would eventually get a new Dino Crisis!

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Well if it is an escalation war, nintendo would then go to Konami and fund HD Suikoden trilogy.

Sony would respond with Breathe of Fire with Capcom. Or Final fantasy tactics with Square.

If we keep going this way we would eventually get a new Dino Crisis!

In space!

RPGCrazied

It would make sense to be on Switch since Namco said they would want the original developers to help. Since Nintendo owns them I don't see them letting work on this and releasing it on anything but Switch. Namco owns the Xenosaga ip though.

KevinKeene

Banned
It would make sense to be on Switch since Namco said they would want the original developers to help. Since Nintendo owns them I don't see them letting work on this and releasing it on anything but Switch. Namco owns the Xenosaga ip though.

Considering BN's latest stunt with the Switch version of DS Remastered, I'm expecting the worst.

Top Bottom