• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

PnCIa

So this really happened. This is so revealing. Trump does not need him to be major racist #1 anymore, also it showes that Trump himself does not know any loyalty. God damnit what a shit show.

With a very blue collar background with his family.

He is a complex figure. Never could quite figure out his end-game. He always seemed to be playing at a bigger deeper game.

He was/is an interesting figure.

Absolutely. Hes still a POS but reading about his life, it's amazing how he got to where he is now. He seemed like he was a very hard worker.

9a2.gif
dead2.gif

Tovarisc

Get ready for ‘Bannon da barbarian’

In the days leading up to his exit Friday, Steve Bannon told associates that he felt profoundly constrained by the limits of the federal government and was itching to return to the outside world. He would be freer there to engage in the kind of militant political combat that catapulted him to national fame and thrust him into the center of Trump’s orbit.

It was time, he told friends, to get ready for “Bannon da barbarian.”

Bannon’s departure from the White House positions him to become a major player on the outside — where he’s certain to push the administration to the right and wage war against the moderate Trump aides he’s long collided with.

Bannon has floated the idea of returning to Breitbart, the bomb-throwing conservative website he formerly led. He is almost certain to link up with hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah, who have long bankrolled Bannon’s political projects, including Breitbart. On Wednesday, two days before he announced his exit, Bannon met for several hours in New York with Robert Mercer, according to two people familiar with the huddle.
Bannon has expressed private frustration over how Republican leaders on Capitol Hill are treating Trump. The departed White House strategist has been concerned that Congress will pass a budget that lacks funding for the president’s priorities, including a wall on the southern border.

From a perch on the outside, Bannon reasoned, he could launch attacks on GOP leaders, stir up primary challenges, and rile conservative supporters — “going medieval,” he has said — much as Breitbart did against former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. Bannon can also pressure the White House to allowing a government shutdown if Trump doesn’t get what he wants in a funding bill.
"Steve wants to change the world,” said Sam Nunberg, a longtime former Trump aide and Bannon ally. “From the outside, he has the power to criticize the administration when it's wrong and give insight into how the process and decisions were made.”

Then there's the matter of White House personnel. Bannon has long vented about moderate Trump aides who have surrounded the president, a group that includes Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Gary Cohn and Dina Powell. Their “globalist” leanings, he’s argued, go against the populist uprising that propelled Trump to the presidency.
“If you’re his enemies, you don’t want him unleashed,” Stranahan said.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-fired-whats-next-241793

All this hype from his close allies paint picture of tactical move where Bannon is moved to outside of administration chains so he can return to being more free attack dog for Trump.

I was born before you registered for GAF, giveitback

BronsonLee is my first name, I just thought it was funny since it isn't too common of a name/tag nowadays

THUNDERDOME TIME! 2 BRONSONS ENTER, 1 BRONSON LEAVES! 2 BRONSONS ENTER, 1 BRONSON LEAVES!

On topic: This is like a hype, bizzaro version of The West Wing.

bronson

I was born before you registered for GAF, giveitback

BronsonLee is my first name, I just thought it was funny since it isn't too common of a name/tag nowadays

most of my gamertags for the last ~15 years have been some reference to Charles Bronson the actor and this is an extension of that. I've been thinking about changing it to my full name because I write on the internet, but I'm also lazy.

Raven117

Gold Member
Absolutely. Hes still a POS but reading about his life, it's amazing how he got to where he is now. He seemed like he was a very hard worker.

Oh for sure. No question about his POSness.

He gave an interview once talking about all this. Blue collar back ground (i think rougher parts of Pennsylvania?), Naval Officer, Harvard, Goldman, Quit Goldman and hated crony captialism, Recession hits really slamming his father who had just been a blue collar hard working dude all his life, hates crony capitalism even more, gets into some sort of producing, and has Seinfeld royalties, gets into running Britbart, defends the West to the point of almost paranoia, props up Trump with a message that works (due to how it beat Eric Cantor)....

And now, this guy is Trump's enemy.

Interesting dude.

Nephtis

So, given he ran Breitbart, who isn't to say that he won't abuse his knowledge on a shit ton of classified info? I mean, that stuff is dangerous.

Put him in jail for national security plz. :x

Ithil

The Breitbart editor being interviewed on MSNBC is saying basically that the site will turn on Trump if he doesn't build the wall or strays from his election promises.

Given the wall is never happen and the loss of Bannon will push this WH further to standard establishment GOP, yeah that's gonna happen.

Loxley

So, given he ran Breitbart, who isn't to say that he won't abuse his knowledge on a shit ton of classified info? I mean, that stuff is dangerous.

Put him in jail for national security plz. :x

If he lets loose any classified info he knows the Feds are going to be knocking down his door that day.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
The Breitbart editor being interviewed on MSNBC is saying basically that the site will turn on Trump if he doesn't build the wall or strays from his election promises.

Given the wall is never happen and the loss of Bannon will push this WH further to standard establishment GOP, yeah that's gonna happen.
If this happens his approval rating is absolutely going under 30. Now he's speed running George Bush's presidency as well as Nixon's!

Top Bottom