• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Beyond: Batman of the Future Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Frankman said:
I liked the heavyness of alot of the episodes... Earth Movers, April Moon, fond memories of them all.

And let us not forget the epic line in Out Of The Past:

Terry (to "Talia"): "You're creeping me out!"
Bruce: "Hey, you didn't kiss her!"

:lol

Ra's was rather creepy in that episode.
The extent that man would go to.

Reminds me, I want to know about the great war of 09 that was eluded to in the series, and I also think Justice League.

MPW

the intro was so awesome

i used to watch this religiously back in the day

img43a.jpg

^^ must watch

Talon

Terry wasn't
randomly chosen, though, right?

Didn't they come up with some ridiculous explanation later that he was a genetic experiment/social experiment to match up his experiences to the real Bruce Wayne?

Return of the Joker is an amazing movie.

I actually watched the movie and not the cartoon. I've never even seen the cartoon, but I caught the movie on TV once and was really impressed with the depth and emotion in it.

Fireye

Sweet, will pre-order Batman Beyond : Complete when I can. On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone know if these $60-70 ebay auctions for Batman:TAS Complete are legit? A few of the sellers have good feedback ratings, so I'm sort of torn about ordering one.

ReiGun

Talon- said:
Terry wasn't
randomly chosen, though, right?

Didn't they come up with some ridiculous explanation later that he was a genetic experiment/social experiment to match up his experiences to the real Bruce Wayne?
Yup. And it's nice to come into this thread and see that other people thought it was as ridiculous as I did. I liked the idea that Terry was a kid Bruce decided to take a chance on that proved he could be Batman under his own power. Not that he could be Batman because of Cadmus scientific fuck-nuttery.

Cloudy

Banned
Watching the first season right now. Really cool show. I am sick and tired of anime right now and this and JL have been a great change of pace :D

ps: Amazon has the set available to preorder for $89.99. Kinda steep considering all 3 seasons can be had for < $40 and the movie's not included

I got the box set for chirstmas and went through the entire series. This show holds up amazingly well. Return of the Joker doesn't seem to be on there anywhere (unless its on the special features disc which I haven't used yet). No big deal for me since its on netflix streaming. Still a shame since its the best part of the series. Now to listen to some commentary

I hope hope hope they revisit the series for one of the DC animated movies. I'd love something trying to bridge the gap between Return of the Joker and Epilogue. The dialog between Terry and the Joker in that final showdown is so amazing and it finally feels like he stepped out of Bruce's shadow and became his own Batman.

Also, Ace in the hole is BY FAR the best episode. We get to see puppy ace!! DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Penguin

HamPster PamPster said:
I got the box set for chirstmas and went through the entire series. This show holds up amazingly well. Return of the Joker doesn't seem to be on there anywhere (unless its on the special features disc which I haven't used yet). No big deal for me since its on netflix streaming. Still a shame since its the best part of the series. Now to listen to some commentary

I hope hope hope they revisit the series for one of the DC animated movies. I'd love something trying to bridge the gap between Return of the Joker and Epilogue. The dialog between Terry and the Joker in that final showdown is so amazing and it finally feels like he stepped out of Bruce's shadow and became his own Batman.

Also, Ace in the hole is BY FAR the best episode. We get to see puppy ace!! DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Don't believe.. well I know Return of the Joker isn't on the season sets since it is a standalone movie, same way Mask, Subzero aren't on any of the Batman TAS sets.

But yeah for free bump! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom