• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Trailer 2

Corpsepyre

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2MRHAJiyE

Looks fairly interesting. Cool art style. Not a big fan of isometric type of games though. Wish this had been a full-fledged third person action game.

EDIT:

Nordic Games Partners up with Airship Syndicate for Battle Chasers: Nightwar
http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php...airship_syndicate_for_battle_chasers_nightwar

More areas, more 2D animations and full voice acting for Battle Chasers: Nightwar due to new partnership with Nordic Games

Vienna/Austria, Austin/Texas: March 8th, 2016

After the successful Kickstarter campaign Nordic Games and Airship Syndicate join forces to increase the development budget of Battle Chasers: Nightwar even further. With the help of Nordic Games all stretch goals including more content, more cut scenes and full voice acting that were initially out of reach can be achieved and the best possible Battle Chasers: Nightware experience can be delivered to fans around the globe.

Comic -> Game

The best-selling comic book Battle Chasers was first released in the late 90s and quickly generated a passionate cult following. Now Joe Madureira, the creator of the comics, and his founding partner Ryan Stefanelli are crafting a new adventure for the iconic heroes as a video game for PC and consoles. Madureira says that, "The game is being designed for both fans of the series and those who are new to it. The story will be enjoyable for everyone, with a few special moments for those who know the characters already.”

Airship + Nordic Games
Fans all around the world are already eagerly anticipating Battle Chasers: Nightwar. To make the game even bigger and better, Airship Syndicate decided to team up with Nordic Games. “I had gotten to know the guys at Nordic shortly after they acquired the Darksiders license,” said Ryan Stefanelli. “After the Kickstarter campaign closed, we started to talk with them about acting as a co-funder and publisher to help us reach some of the stretch goals we’d narrowly missed out on. Doing so is going to be great for our fans and backers, and also allows us as a studio to focus on game development more than publishing.”

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac at the end of 2016.

About Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.

Key Features

•Classic Combat in a Tech Infused Fantasy World
•Random Dungeons With 5+ Stars Of Difficulty Each
•Craft, Barter and Prepare for the Road Ahead
•Unravel the Mysteries of the Crescent Isle

Skilletor

Also just got an e-mail saying they've teamed up with Nordic. The game will now have more areas and be fully voiced for the main characters.

Delicious. So happy I backed this and to the contrary I am super glad at the fact that it's an RPG and not an action game.

Tizoc

Also just got an e-mail saying they've teamed up with Nordic. The game will now have more areas and be fully voiced for the main characters.

edit: actually get Liam O'brian to voice the MC, I need his sexy voice in my life again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looks pretty fucking good, is this getting a console release?

KiraXD

so glad i backed this... i mean not like im a Battle Chasers or Joe Mad fan or anything....

Fuck.

Yes.

Labadal

Worth putting in the OP.

Nordic Games Partners up with Airship Syndicate for Battle Chasers: Nightwar
http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/nordic_games_partners_up_with_airship_syndicate_for_battle_chasers_nightwar

More areas, more 2D animations and full voice acting for Battle Chasers: Nightwar due to new partnership with Nordic Games

Vienna/Austria, Austin/Texas: March 8th, 2016

After the successful Kickstarter campaign Nordic Games and Airship Syndicate join forces to increase the development budget of Battle Chasers: Nightwar even further. With the help of Nordic Games all stretch goals including more content, more cut scenes and full voice acting that were initially out of reach can be achieved and the best possible Battle Chasers: Nightware experience can be delivered to fans around the globe.

Comic -> Game

The best-selling comic book Battle Chasers was first released in the late 90s and quickly generated a passionate cult following. Now Joe Madureira, the creator of the comics, and his founding partner Ryan Stefanelli are crafting a new adventure for the iconic heroes as a video game for PC and consoles. Madureira says that, "The game is being designed for both fans of the series and those who are new to it. The story will be enjoyable for everyone, with a few special moments for those who know the characters already.”

Airship + Nordic Games
Fans all around the world are already eagerly anticipating Battle Chasers: Nightwar. To make the game even bigger and better, Airship Syndicate decided to team up with Nordic Games. “I had gotten to know the guys at Nordic shortly after they acquired the Darksiders license,” said Ryan Stefanelli. “After the Kickstarter campaign closed, we started to talk with them about acting as a co-funder and publisher to help us reach some of the stretch goals we’d narrowly missed out on. Doing so is going to be great for our fans and backers, and also allows us as a studio to focus on game development more than publishing.”

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac at the end of 2016.

About Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.

Key Features

•Classic Combat in a Tech Infused Fantasy World
•Random Dungeons With 5+ Stars Of Difficulty Each
•Craft, Barter and Prepare for the Road Ahead
•Unravel the Mysteries of the Crescent Isle

I tend to hate turn based games but after playing Digimon I'm willing to give more games of this type a chance. The game looks really cool and well animated.

Worth putting in the OP.

Thanks a lot, saved me a lot of time searching info on the game.

KiraXD

dont forget guys you can still "back" the game on their site...

http://www.battlechasers.com/store/

supreme-nightwar-digital-edition.png

complete-nightwar-digital-edition.png

deluxe-nightwar-digital-edition.png

new-history-edition.png

Tizoc

Some attack animations should be faster though, like the Mime Chest attack animation should be shortened. I get that it's more of a novelty thing, but it would get dull after a while :p

Some attack animations should be faster though, like the Mime Chest attack animation should be shortened. I get that it's more of a novelty thing, but it would get dull after a while :p

So long as there's a "faster animations" or "skip animations" option in the menus, I don't mind it.

Moonlight

Banned
This game's KS didn't launch at a good time for me in terms of financial reach, but damn, that's a good trailer. Think I might have to dive.

It's the guy's signature art style since drawing the X-men a few decades ago. Dude likely influenced them, not the other way around.
No likely about it, Blizz cribbed his style just like they pillaged* warhammer and 40k for the rest.

*yes, I'm aware it's a little more complicated than that.

Espada

Whoa, this looks pretty good. Definitely something to keep an eye, especially with this new partnership with Nordic.

The more RPGs the better.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmonika.

Got damn, seeing her again is so great. She pretty much kickstarted puberty for me.

And I know her design is 1. better than it was back then and 2. still a very male gaze-y archaic design that may rightly offend or discourage some people from playing this but...

...but it's Monika so in this specific instance, for this specific game, I don't care. I will go back to supporting less sexist designs and better outfits and body types for women in other threads but Battlechasers threads are just gonna bring out the shitty dude in me.

Skilletor

God DAMN but that's one nice looking game.

That would've cost a ton more though.

More importantly, it's not the type of game they wanted to make. Battlechasers has always been Joe Mad's take on the classic D & D archetypes. This is the perfect genre for the game.

Isn't the "let's copy Blizzard" aesthetic worn out by now?

I know it's piling on, but it needs to be repeated, Joe Mad isn't copying anybody.

OmegaDL50

Looks nice, but I personally think it should have been a 3D action rpg like Darksiders.

There are more then enough action games out these days. In fact I'd say it's refreshing to see more traditional turn based RPG affairs since there has been far more of the former then the latter as of late.

Khezu

Is Nordic still trying to make a new Darksiders?

I wonder if they will have Mad have some creative input on it.

BC is still look as rad as ever.

Gotta love that Joe Mad art, goddamn. How many people will accuse it of ripping WoW (when if anything it's the opposite)?

What they should do is some Mario RPG thing where you can block hits by pressing a button as you get hit.

Hell, all turn-based RPGs should do this. I don't even understand why this isn't the standard.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The battles still feel slower than I'd like then to be, but everything else looks great. I'm still more hyped about the comic finally getting more issues though, haha.

Warxard

Banned
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmonika.

Got damn, seeing her again is so great. She pretty much kickstarted puberty for me.

And I know her design is 1. better than it was back then and 2. still a very male gaze-y archaic design that may rightly offend or discourage some people from playing this but...

...but it's Monika so in this specific instance, for this specific game, I don't care. I will go back to supporting less sexist designs and better outfits and body types for women in other threads but Battlechasers threads are just gonna bring out the shitty dude in me.

It's perfectly possible to enjoy sexy designs in videogames yet still be aware of what they're trying to accomplish as sexy designs.

I would have preferred a new Darksiders game basically, or for this to be a fully 3D action/adventure a la Darksiders, but the art really looks lovely and that video has me well interested now.

varkuriru

I said goddamn - the devs are masters at making 3d models look like concept art. Animations are neat and the trailer music was pretty good.

Put me in the group that is glad the game is a turn based RPG - I like taking my time and sorting through my options. Hopefully there is a good tactical / strategic mechanic to it (like exploiting weaknesses) - dont remember the details from the kickstarter.

Glix

The Good - The game LOOKS like Joe Mad's art. They captured it really well.

The Bad - It looks so much like Torchlight. So so so much.

KiraXD

The Bad - It looks so much like Torchlight. So so so much.

wait... how is that bad? maybe the painted-like topdown perspective is all thats similar... this will take the dungeon exploration, throw in puzzles, and enemies, but when you actually fight enemies, it transitions to side by side turn based RPG so its pretty different from torchlight... (but still torchlight was great... so i dont see how that is bad? lol)

Top Bottom