• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chess Reboot Coming This Summer

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Interplay will be releasing a remake to Battle Chess this summer. Subdued Software was listed as the developer. It's good to hear that Interplay will have something out there with their name on it (that's not a subpoena). It might be worth checking out. Full details are here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109955-Interplay-Brings-Back-Battle-Chess

In other related news, according to the official website and an email from a customer service rep, TopWare's court-banned vaporware title Battle vs Chess will be shipped to German stores next week on May 17th.

Hex

Banned
I loved Battle Chess, the original always was the best but I had a soft spot for Star Wars Battle Chess also.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Haha what? That's random and unexpected! I loved Battle Chess on my IBM PS2 back in the day. That's right... the original PS2 baby!

Check out that sexy box art:

battle-chess.jpg

The NES version of Battle Chess is hands-down the scariest game I have. An unexpected checkmate = really loud, scary music breaking the silence of the game.

Probably my least played game, ever.

So while a new Battle Chess sounds cool, I don't think I can bring myself to play it.

Odoul

I LOVED this game on the NES. They need Mortal Kombat fatalities. My favorites were the Rook eating the Queen and I can't remember which one cast lightning.

Here we go!

komarkaze

Wow, I loved BattleChess growing up. I spent a lot of time recreating the matches that the instruction guide included, and there was one technique that I learned that allowed me to beat my uncle in the first 5 moves. I also used the board editor to place all the pieces in different ways to see all each kill animation. My favorites were the pawn killing the other pieces, though I still am partial to the knight vs. knight dismemberment.

sleepykyo

Vilam said:
Haha what? That's random and unexpected! I loved Battle Chess on my IBM PS2 back in the day. That's right... the original PS2 baby!

Check out that sexy box art:

battle-chess.jpg

Hawt. Now just bundle it with Archon.

Grimmy

Banned
Ahh, Battle Chess. So many memories of the CD-ROM version. I hope this new one does well enough for Interplay to continue being active. It's been a long time! And if it means a new Descent, the better...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Battle Chess was a popular game to run as a demo at computer shows back then to show off hardware when CD-ROM was brand new.

Top Bottom