• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha just started

psn

hGKf4YP.jpg

Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha just started. Check your mails, if you are a lucky Battlefield fan like me, you might get one:
B0igFqo.png

Starting 21st of September, 8:00 UTC

”Incursions" is a five-on-five, fast, and strategic competitive mode unlike anything else offered in the game.

Beginning with a closed alpha test in September — you can register on the Battlefield website — the small-scale Incursions mode was designed with the help of Battlefield 1 players and is meant to be an intense mode that is perfect for viewing in addition to playing. Players ”draft" their equipment and abilities at the beginning of each match, and the scoring system has been changed so every single point is important. Though it is on a small scale, there still will be some vehicles, including small anti-infantry tanks and these can change the course of a battle in an instant.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/battlefield-1-incursions/

WillyFive

so....what exactly are incursions?

A branch of BF1 that is designed to be competitive and more eSports-like. It has been in development by a small separate team for a while now. All game mechanics, weapons, classes, and maps are entirely re-built.

Plays kinda like Counter Strike/Siege except with a small vehicle spawning during a match.

I hope they put more thought into this than their Bomb Defusal modes. They didn't even have a timer, when it launched, in BF4! The attackers could sit in spawn forever if they wanted. It was the laziest attempt at that mode that I've ever seen.

Top Bottom