• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 delayed until late November

Allforce

Fed Up Reaction GIF

MiguelItUp

Honestly, this is what I was expecting. I mean, the silence was deafening. That being said, it's not nearly as bad of a delay as it could've been. So, this is fine. Hell, let the game be done when it releases, please.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
What was the original date? I assumed it was releasing November?

So did a lot of the devs get COVID (yeah right) or do they mean lockdowns, mandates, and other shit caused it?

Not really sure what this "cuz of the pandemic" talk ever actually means.

MiguelItUp

So did a lot of the devs get COVID (yeah right) or do they mean lockdowns, mandates, and other shit caused it?

October 22nd. Who knows, it could be a number of variables. Could also be them looking at other title releases and planning around that because they can, haha. Delays are easier to do now than ever with the obvious going ons.

Last edited:

SantaC

Gold Member

DICE are working from home. However the swedish goverment will lift restrictions september 29th, so that means they can return to the studio.

MiguelItUp

r/battlefield2042 is having a glorious meltdown. Holy shit

You should all go check it out right now.
So ridiculous, I mean, if it were still coming out in October it'd be a little over a month out. It's been so quiet, so I felt like the writing was already on the wall. Besides, it's only a month later, haha. I'm gonna take a gander right now though...

Jesus Christ, so dramatic, lmao. I love how people talk about game development like they have the smallest inkling of how it all works. It's wild. I'm not the biggest fan of these types of players.

Kagey K

Banned
I feel like this is possibly especially bad for Halo as it’s too close with that.
Halo is a different kind of shooter, being Arena based and all. There isn't a lot of crossover or similarities other then they are both pvp and have guns.

CoD and BF are more likely to eat each other's lunch. Previously all 3 have been able to coexist just fine though.

Last edited:

Thabass

lol

That's the same day FFXIV Endwalker starts Early Access.

Sorry EA, you had your chance. Not delaying Endwalker for your games lol

DeaDPo0L84

It is just a month but honestly I'm kinda just over it in a odd way. I play a lot of Destiny off and on, have Horizon 5 and FC6 coming up, still need to finish Ghost of Tsushima + dlc, and next year is pretty stacked early on, may just skip BF2042 entirely at this point.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Had a feeling with the lack of Open Beta news. Looks like FC6 co-op might tide me over more than expected, otherwise I'll be playing Siege still.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sandwiched between COD and Halo.

Buh bye BF.

Grubb and those guys were right. I take back the doubt and accusations I slung at them yesterday being phonies for clicks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
More interesting is that the game was supposed to be on shelves in 5 weeks.

Given the time needed to press discs and ship them out to EA and then wholesalers and stores, and then stores/wholesalers needing time to process it logistically, no doubt EA knew they would delay it probably a good month or more ago. But they waited till last minute to tell gamers.

Then again, maybe the discs are already done and waiting in cardboard boxes.

And it'll be a giant patch to download.

Top Bottom