Battlefield 2042 executions are in third-person! Details on gunplay, TTK, movement and weapons revealed via the Tech Test.
With gameplay surfacing from the on-going Battlefield 2042 Tech Test, it seems more details have surfaced yet again! For starters, the Battlefield 2042 executions (takedowns) are now in third-person, which should be familiar to those who play Call of Duty: Warzone. Initially, executions were in first-person in past games like in Battlefield 3.
Someone in the alpha has reached out to MP1st and has shared a load of info regarding the Tech Test in terms of movement, and more! Note that this is a Tech Test, and as such, there could be some gameplay elements, UI and technical stuff that aren’t in yet. That said, here’s the pastebin that was shared to us:
Over on the game’s subreddit, some members have shared some of the stuff that can be seen in the leaked gameplay too.– Movement is similar to BF5. Sliding and mantling are in the game.
– Destruction seems light. I don’t recall seeing any to be honest. But apparently it’s like BF3.
– Orbital was the only playable map. It features 6 sectors with 1-2 capture points each.
– Executions are back and in third-person.
– Aiming with tanks is sped up compared to BF5. Feels like regular aim speed.
– There’s a regular battle tank with a turret and a rocket launcher.
– One tank (the Jaguar) has an AA gun that can lock onto planes. It also has smokes as a counter measure and can repair itself. Pretty sure this tank can not zoom in or ADS.
– There were 3 helicopter types and a jet.
– One chopper has an explosive round cannon and a machine gun turret.
– One helicopter (I believe the Osprey) has a Bradley tank style cannon with a moderate fire rate.
– Attachments: On ARs there was a holo scope and a long range scope. An extended barrel and a silencer. Heavy, medium, and light rounds. And a vertical grip, and an underbarrel grenade launcher.
– Some implications of this are 1) You can switch to an underbarrel grenade launcher at any time and switch back. 2) You can swap between a 4x scope and a holo scope depending on where you are on the map. 3) You can throw on a silencer at any point, then switch back for more range. 4) 2) On shotguns, you can swap between buckshot and slug rounds at any time. Etc.
– When you’re downed, you can now indicate to teammates “Do not revive me” in addition to calling for a revive.
– The revive screen can be skipped quicker than BF5.
Over on Reddit, notable leaker Okami (and Tom Henderson) has shared some the weapons available in the Tech Test, as well as some of the equipment and gadgets.
Here’s a leaked map overview of the Orbital map:
Reddit user MrNomNom9 has also shared his hands-on experience, and talks about the gunplay, time-to-kill and more! Here are excerpts from the hands-on that was shared via a Google Document.
On Time-to-Kill (TTK):Gunplay feels REALLY superb. An excellent evolution of BFV’s gunplay where spread is minimal and recoil is what defines weapon accuracy. As long as your aim is true, all you have to account for is drop and lead, otherwise spread isn’t a big issue. If you’re a fan of BFV’s gunplay, you’ll love 2042’s. Super pleased. Unsure if hip fire was bugged, the crosshair in the tech test did not shift when moving or while jumping, but hipfire in close quarters felt really solid and accurate.
There are four Specialists available in the Tech Test, and they are Mackay, Pyotr, Falck, and Casper.TTK felt great, in line with BFV’s. Assault rifles and LMG’s seemed to 4-5 shot and DMR’s 3 shotted to the chest. Sniper Rifles remain unchanged, 1 shot headshot or 2 to the chest. Shotguns one shot in CQC or 2-3 shot further out as per usual. SMG’s felt like a 4-7 shot? Both SMG’s in the tech test had high ROF so they melted if your shot was on target. Didn’t test the revolver too extensively but the Glock did work if your shot was on point.
Instead of a knife, each player uses their fists. I have no idea why but I assume it’s to sell melee weapons (preorder bonus anyone?). I attempted to do a takedown on a bot, no luck, but I was able to do it to an an enemy player, they’re now in third person and in order to show off your skins and likely to sell animations.
Gadgets: Each specialist has their own gadgets; Mackay has his grappling hook (it actually worked a lot like Pathfinder’s from Apex), Pyotr has his sentry gun (seemed to be broken? Never fired at any enemies), Caspar his drone (Couldn’t figure out how to activate EMP but I believe spotting worked) and Falck’s syrette gun (revives teammates in a single shot, can also be turned on herself to heal her to 100%)
Universal Gadgets include a modern Carl Gustav dummy fired RPG (great against Heli’s and Tanks), a FIM Stinger Anti Air Launcher (get ready for a lot of people to carry these, I got pinged by rocket lock a lot in the Heli and it only takes 1-2 to take down the scout and 2-3 for the Attack Heli), Medkit box, Ammo Box, Repair Tool, Anti Armor Mines, and a Nav Beacon (I assumed it to be a spawn beacon)