• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

So yeah, I am pretty sure the official servers are glitched and it won't play Talah Market on Conquest. It always skips it and just cycles back to Epicenter.

Fonz72

Joins server - "THE ENEMY NOW HOLDS ALL THE OBJECTIVES"

*quits out*

Joins another server -"THE ENEMY NOW HOLDS ALL THE OBJECTIVES"

*quits out*

Joins another server : we're getting baseraped by the entire enemy team.

*quits out*

Joins another server - "THE ENEMY NOW HOLDS ALL THE OBJECTIVES" + my PS3 hardfreezes.

Fuck it. I'm gonna go watch Homeland.

Yea, that was pretty much my experience last night too, except we stuck it out most of the time. Match after match last night, we got owned. We had six guys from our platoon and the rest were randoms. So frustrating to take 1-5 on the scoreboard with ace squad and lose by 200 tickets.......................

waypoetic

Banned
Yea, that was pretty much my experience last night too, except we stuck it out most of the time. Match after match last night, we got owned. We had six guys from our platoon and the rest were randoms. So frustrating to take 1-5 on the scoreboard with ace squad and lose by 200 tickets.......................

Thing is, alot of people just stays in the homebase and go for the recon-class and/or the engineer - sniping an respawning enemy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been joining a lot of loser steamrolls lately... if it's right at the end, like <50 tickets I will bail, but otherwise whatever. Try and get out and get a base. If the team is really *that* bad, that you can't even hold one flag, then I just work on assignments.

No! I wanna watch Homeland.

Speaking of Homeland, anyone else think the new assault character model is a dead ringer for Estes from that show?

ZsF7h.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Connection won't be fixed until the end of this month apparently... when it should've been done LAST month. SMH. :|

Well naturally with that analog stick placement I'm surprised you can even manage multiplayer, let alone single. When you switch back and forth it must be like going from punching into a bucket of broken glass to a vat of creamy mayonaise :p

actually, my stats are better on PS3. same was true in BC1 and BC2. i think my stats were better on 360 in 1943 though...

olimpia84

That's one of the things I hate about tanks in this game. You're going full speed through Op. Firestorm desert, hit a small bump in the road and your tank loses control into a 360+ degree spin.

TheSeks

That's one of the things I hate about tanks in this game. You're going full speed through Op. Firestorm desert, hit a small bump in the road and your tank loses control into a 360+ degree spin.

Totally realistic, man. You know the military is looking into this issue, right?

"Giving respect can bring respect from others. So play with respect and you are welcome here. Play like a coward, you will NOT be respected here. Never underestimate the influence you have on others and the respect you gain from respecting that."

Deep, lol.

"Giving respect can bring respect from others. So play with respect and you are welcome here. Play like a coward, you will NOT be respected here. Never underestimate the influence you have on others and the respect you gain from respecting that."

Deep, lol.

so are they saying anything goes? because the ultimate respect is to fight to win.

so are they saying anything goes? because the ultimate respect is to fight to win.

They're saying if your team sucks then your influence on them is to blame, or something.

I spent about 40 minutes trying to get the personel defense weapons ribbon because in my mind, when I think "personal defense weapon" the only logical option is the Claymore mine. So I was playing Team Death Match Close Quarters, trying to get at least 7 claymore kills. I think I got 10 when the game was over but the ribbon never came up, so I checked online and fell out of my chair when I found out what personal defense weapons are.

I did manage to get the two TDMCQ ribbons and the melee weapons ribbon. What's with the plural though, melee weapon(s)? Am I going to go nuts if I look that up and find out I could've used something easier than a knife?

It makes sense, it's the only pure defensive weapon in the game. You set it up and it only goes off if the enemy breaches the zone that you've established. You don't use a claymore if you're fighting your way towards arming an mcom but you would afterwards when you're defending it. Obviously I had my doubts, I mean 7 kills, come on - that's asking a lot.

What designates those guns as PDWs? They work great only when being fired upon? They're good for warding off home invaders? I want to know the criteria for PDW qualification.

TheSeks

The guns are only adequate for protecting your person, nothing else.

Say that to my PDW-R, FN P90, MP7, fucker and not online. See what happens.

PDW are really good and highly mobile. The only one I really don't care for is the UMP (too low damage) and AS VAL (to slow even with the extended mag granted to it in the past six months).

Anyway I can't get the kill a vehicle with the explosive bolts achievement no matter how much I try. I can aim right at a vehicle and the bolt won't hit unless I'm close and if I'm close no one will rocket the damn thing to where I can destroy it (or I disable it and they bail out. SMH)

JJD

It makes sense, it's the only pure defensive weapon in the game. You set it up and it only goes off if the enemy breaches the zone that you've established. You don't use a claymore if you're fighting your way towards arming an mcom but you would afterwards when you're defending it. Obviously I had my doubts, I mean 7 kills, come on - that's asking a lot.

What designates those guns as PDWs? They work great only when being fired upon? They're good for warding off home invaders? I want to know the criteria for PDW qualification.

PDWs are small, compact size guns designed for mobility, low recoil and high accuracy while retaining as much firepower as possible. They generally use smaller caliber rounds similar to pistol rounds instead of rifle or carbine rounds. Some PDWs like the PP2000 even use regular pistol 9x19 parabellum rounds.

In real life situations they're mostly used for defense as their name suggests by tank/chopper crews etc, since they don't have a lot of space to carry rifles or carbines which are considerably bigger.

There are a lot of good PDWs on BF3, their main use in the game is for close quarters engagements. Don't pick a PDW on big vehicle intensive maps. Don't bother using any of then at long range.

The M5K and P90 are really good on small maps like Metro. The UMP45 was really good but it has been nerfed in the last patch so I don't know how it compares to the others now. The PP2000 and AS Val are the few ones actually good at mid range, they can keep up with the bigger guns.

Give PDWs a try I bet you will find something you like.

Edit: On BF3 any weapon considered as highly mobile like PDWs or bullpup rifles get a movement bonus while aiming down sights. It's actually helpful when strafing while ADS. If I'm not mistaken they get a small bonus when firing under movement too. Regular guns will be less accurate is you keep moving while firing. If you stand still, either standing up, crouched or prone you will be more accurate. PDWs and bullpup rifles are less penalized when moving and firing.

The MP7's clip holds like, what, 15 bullets? The AS VAL though, ho ho! One of my favorites ferrr surrre.

The MP7 is one of the best close range, hip fire guns in the whole game. It's only real downside is that you gotta choose between extended mags or laser sight when using it, and ideally you would want then both while forgetting everything else including optic sights. It's a big design mistake IMO that really hinders that gun.

I'm guessing you guys will be more reliable than my Google search.

Can I delete the old patches on 360?

Can you even manually choose each patch to delete on the 360? I don't think it's possible on the PS3.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to delete then if you still want to play the game. I might be mistaken but someone tried that on the 360 less than a month ago and had to download everything again. Search the last few pages. Dice really fucked things up with the patching process on BF3. 2 gigs patches are ridiculous since they're basically changing game stats. They did include game assets on some of the BC2 patches but we never had any indication of then doing the same with BF3 patches.

Maybe faceless can correct me, but I don't remember Dice adding, or changing anything on map design on those balance patches like they did with BC2 (were they changed some mcom placements).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You're playing on PC now Fersis?

You always get excited with the DLC but I never see you playing anymore...
Wut? I play every night on PS3. :0
In fact i just finished an hour long Armored Shield match.

olimpia84

Sorry for all that yelling boa, but we got royally screwed with our teammates today. I can't believe we managed to squeeze a few wins here and there.

BoatAck

Sorry for all that yelling boa, but we got royally screwed with our teammates today. I can't believe we managed to squeeze a few wins here and there.

No prob. First we had that bitch-ass clan fucking with the balance, and then on the CWA server, we had woefully inept team members. The thing that pissed me off about those CWA matches is that the other team wasn't that good, we just had dipshits not even breaking 1k points while being in the match the whole duration. Oh yeah, and being outnumbered 12-6 fucking sucks as well. The three or so hours we spent playing weren't enjoyable at all. These past few days of playing alone or with only one friend have been fucking maddening, my win % has taken a tumble.

Top Bottom