• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looking at the NPD numbers BF3 did very well this last month. Good for DICE I guess but the game is now filled with low ranked sniper noobs and oddly enough I always end up in their team.
Are you talking about me? I played Recon just to see the MAV >__<
Back to Support, Engineer and Assault

Im gonna be playing tonight, see you there bud.

Um ... just Joe Idiot asking, but why aren't there servers that run B2K and the standard maps together in rotation? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Would be nice to play 12 straight games without a map repeat.

edit: Also, goddamn hardcore is queued up: "You current position is 6 of 8." Lovely. I mean, it's nice in the sense I feel like I'm waiting to get into a dope club or something, but sheeeit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Um ... just Joe Idiot asking, but why aren't there servers that run B2K and the standard maps together in rotation? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Would be nice to play 12 straight games without a map repeat.

Um... There is? P is random rotation. EA Normal is a set-rotation. DICE is a set rotation. B2K is B2K only standard rotation.

You're probably joining the P# servers which are random rotation and can possibly have a map repeat right after.

Also Faceless: I better see you on tomorrow since I'm taking a break from grinding camaraderie up in Peace Walker with another GAF dude to sit down and play BF3 tomorrow night. >_>

Um... There is? P is random rotation. EA Normal is a set-rotation. DICE is a set rotation. B2K is B2K only standard rotation.

You're probably joining the P# servers which are random rotation and can possibly have a map repeat right after.

Also Faceless: I better see you on tomorrow since I'm taking a break from grinding camaraderie up in Peace Walker with another GAF dude to sit down and play BF3 tomorrow night. >_>

tomorrow night as in the-night-of-the-UFC-PPV?

No actually quite the opposite: if I'm understanding you right, I want to be in P# servers. That I've been joining B2K and DICE servers is why I've been handcuffed?

Right?

wat?

Why the hell am I constantly getting thrown out of BF3, then EA online, then PSN?
I didn't change anything to my Internet connection, the PS3 or anything. Other online games work without problems..

spidye

Why the hell am I constantly getting thrown out of BF3, then EA online, then PSN?
I didn't change anything to my Internet connection, the PS3 or anything. Other online games work without problems..

have the same problems for a few days.
I just don't get it. normally, games improve after getting patched but bf3 is getting worse. the worst offender is I still can't join a game with a friend in the same team let alone same squad

bildschirmfoto2012-01zvjbk.png

Lulz!

TheSeks

tomorrow night as in the-night-of-the-UFC-PPV?

>:| You can watch a replay later.

Neoparadigm said:
No actually quite the opposite: if I'm understanding you right, I want to be in P# servers. That I've been joining B2K and DICE servers is why I've been handcuffed?

No?

You said you want a server with non-random rotation. IE: Set rotation.

P# servers are random rotation. IE: Metro->Metro->Metro->Caspian->Sharqi->Metro

EA/DICE are set rotation (and Faceless can probably tell you the set rotation, I can't) IE: Metro->Caspian->(If you have B2K)Sharqi->Oman->...(after rotating through all the maps, we get back to the start->Metro->Caspian... ... ...

>:| You can watch a replay later.

hrm, watch it LIVE, FREE in HD on UFC on XBOX app... or a replay... yeah, no.

i'll play before the PPV!

No?

You said you want a server with non-random rotation. IE: Set rotation.

P# servers are random rotation. IE: Metro->Metro->Metro->Caspian->Sharqi->Metro

EA/DICE are set rotation (and Faceless can probably tell you the set rotation, I can't) IE: Metro->Caspian->(If you have B2K)Sharqi->Oman->...(after rotating through all the maps, we get back to the start->Metro->Caspian... ... ...

no, i haven't written down the rotations. i did notice there were patterns though...

also, probably mentioned before, but DICE servers have the join queue and others don't.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got to ride along with Odysseus in the Little Bird last night as his repair guy. Was awesome watching him shred the fuck out of the other team. He was something like 35-0 until the crashed the chopper with maybe 10 seconds left to go in the round. :lol

Got to ride along with Odysseus in the Little Bird last night as his repair guy. Was awesome watching him shred the fuck out of the other team. He was something like 35-0 until the crashed the chopper with maybe 10 seconds left to go in the round. :lol

Thanks again for repairing :D

PJX

The tank controls is fucking horrific. I don't trade any of my games in but man dealing with the controls in the tank section was enough for me to quit and trade that piece of shit in.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The tank controls is fucking horrific. I don't trade any of my games in but man dealing with the controls in the tank section was enough for me to quit and trade that piece of shit in.

I'm actually stuck at the tank part in SP... it's weird because in MP I consider myself a pretty competent tank pilot most of the time. Dominant even, on occasions.

But in SP the ambush is basically an unsolvable riddle to me. I can't seem to hit them and every one of their shots hits me no matter what I do. It's kind of bullshit. I stopped playing it at that point. And until then was actually having fun with the campaign, even that level. *shrugs*

TheSeks

I didn't even do anything but cap the flags in a Rush-like fashion guys! You didn't need to ragequit in pure terror when my tank capped your flags and then held you down for yet another boring Conquest round!

ZZZZZzzzzz... when will I find Calion in a B2K Rush server? *wistful sigh*

CatPee

I'm actually stuck at the tank part in SP... it's weird because in MP I consider myself a pretty competent tank pilot most of the time. Dominant even, on occasions.

But in SP the ambush is basically an unsolvable riddle to me. I can't seem to hit them and every one of their shots hits me no matter what I do. It's kind of bullshit. I stopped playing it at that point. And until then was actually having fun with the campaign, even that level. *shrugs*

Zero drop on the shell. Threw me off a bit when I first played it too.

Wat!?

Omg DICE trollin me hardcore. Absolutely no parity between SP and MP.

This is maybe my main beef with the game. No little crosshair-thing when you hit someone in SP, but it's there in MP and co-op; co-op has a revival system that only occurs in the co-op mode; you spend a ton of time in SP and co-op with IRNV weapons with 4X and 8X scopes when this setup is not available in MP. There are others I'm forgetting. I don't see the logic in any of it.

This is maybe my main beef with the game. No little crosshair-thing when you hit someone in SP, but it's there in MP and co-op; co-op has a revival system that only occurs in the co-op mode; you spend a ton of time in SP and co-op with IRNV weapons with 4X and 8X scopes when this setup is not available in MP. There are others I'm forgetting. I don't see the logic in any of it.

8x IRNV is exactly what MP needs!

8x IRNV is exactly what MP needs!

I'm not a gun guy so I don't know if BF3's depiction corresponds to real IRNV scopes, but I find it really cartoonish and gamey. Reminds me of the x-ray vison mode in the Batman games. I could never roll with it in MP.

Darkshier said:
Singleplayer battlefield though, lol.

It's really not all that bad as far as MP-focused games' SPs are concerned, I just don't get why gameplay - and even gameplay mechanics - aren't consistent across all game modes. Like why the fuck am I hitting circle to revive in co-op and R1 to knife in SP? I just ... what the fuck is that?

I've made the point several times, but just why SP and co-op aren't specifically tailored to be training/practice for MP is confusing. Anything that I have to do in SP or co-op that simply NEVER occurs in MP feels like a complete waste of time. In my world the SP for a BF game would be a fucking meat-grinder designed to prepare you for anything you might experience in MP, not some tacked-on movie-joyride thing where I can't use my kit, am forced to used weapons that aren't in MP, drive tanks with different cannon properties as MP, etc.

TheSeks

OMG fourth set.

AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO!

Everyone including Dan on the team: DERP WHATS AN AMMO BOX!?

Me: :| SMH. I'm out of Javalins since they only give four and I keep disabling the cheesemobile, all you have to do is throw a box down and I can possibly take it out so we can-- *spawns and runs toward A*

SMH

----

*GASP* AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW THEY ABUSE JAVALIN TO TAKE OUT FACELESS IN THE CHEESEMOBILE ON FOURTH SET AS WELL! ASDFGJKDLAFJADLFJDAGLKJDAFLKJALA'''. :|

BoatAck

OMG fourth set.

AMMO AMMO AMMO AMMO!

Everyone including Dan on the team: DERP WHATS AN AMMO BOX!?

Me: :| SMH. I'm out of Javalins since they only give four and I keep disabling the cheesemobile, all you have to do is throw a box down and I can possibly take it out so we can-- *spawns and runs toward A*

SMH

----

*GASP* AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW THEY ABUSE JAVALIN TO TAKE OUT FACELESS IN THE CHEESEMOBILE ON FOURTH SET AS WELL! ASDFGJKDLAFJADLFJDAGLKJDAFLKJALA'''. :|

Yeah, I realized after I ran away from you that you didn't want me to stop mortaring, you just wanted ammo. My bad.
I couldn't do shit right that round.

TheSeks

Yeah, I realized after I ran away from you that you didn't want me to stop mortaring, you just wanted ammo. My bad.
I couldn't do shit right that round.

I ain't mad, I'm just annoyed. Dan pulled similar. He spawned, I'm running towards him and I'm like "OMG AMMO PLZ"

Dan: LOL NOPE *gets in the humvee to drive to A to die*

Me: SMH.

I nearly had them that round I got a disabled. Bailed pilot to repair. That's when Faceless or you two went to arm. But... Javelin has 4 rounds. I was out of ammo and I literally was shooting teammates in the face to get ammo but they didn't drop any. I even was smashing select. But no. Let's be selfish asses.

Then on defense last set what do you know? *lightbulb* Maybe it's time to provide support kits, since that Seks guy keeps getting MVP. *gasp* MAYBE!

Also: Seven wins against that clan. And probably like 3-4 more when the rounds were smaller. With the exception of them throwing 9+ of their clan against us we didn't really break a sweat until those rounds. And then I had to tank my KDR just to hold the crates. Ugh.

I found the best way to get through the tank level on the single player was to hide behind your fellow tanks, they take the brunt of the hits, and as soon as an enemy tank peeks out ahead/behind them into your field of view you take the shot.

On another note, I finally slogged through the campaign on Hard this weekend…and boy that was a mess. I had originally got through about half the single player game on Normal, but than DICE thought it would be awesome to require you to have an online connection while playing single player and for some reason the game would crash at the same point on the opening of the 2nd tank level no matter what I tried…so I decided to just go through the whole thing again on hard.

It's strange how certain areas and levels were a cakewalk, and other were just horrible cheap insta-kills. The worst offender by far is in the last level
after the subway crashes. When you jump down that hole, it's 99% certain you're going to be killed in mid "landing" animation by that guy with a shotgun or whatever he was carrying. Out of 30 attempts I maybe got through twice, only to get killed later in the level and have to repeat it. It wasn't until I realized you could go prone in that little cave area in front of the hole and kill them from above that I was able to get through.

Even with all that done I wonder if I'll ever be able to plat this game…the nemesis ribbon eludes me still, and I don't even want to think about Drop 'em like Liquid

yeah, they started with 4, then 6 then 9 then 10, it was hilarious!

they kept calling in more clanmates!
That's actually pretty cool. I'm in a big clan that is often split between games, usually as much out of fear of unbalancing games as anything else. Once we find really tough opposition though it's time to call in the cavalry (it becomes easy because randoms will generally just quit out of those sorts of games once things aren't going well) and those are some of the best matches of BF I've played, where both sides are strong and full of team-oriented players.

That's actually pretty cool. I'm in a big clan that is often split between games, usually as much out of fear of unbalancing games as anything else. Once we find really tough opposition though it's time to call in the cavalry (it becomes easy because randoms will generally just quit out of those sorts of games once things aren't going well) and those are some of the best matches of BF I've played, where both sides are strong and full of team-oriented players.

but it was just 5 gaffers

olimpia84

Clan games are the best. There's nothing more satisfying than beating a high level clan and watch them rage quit. So many fond memories from BC2 doing that.... :p

TheSeks

Clan games are the best. There's nothing more satisfying than beating a high level clan and watch them rage quit. So many fond memories from BC2 doing that.... :p

That's the thing though! They didn't ragequit after Kharg Island defense! So it was Op Metro with them on defense. We sweat a little and take A/B after they spread out to defend behind rocks and shit. So they fall back, but they get in the tunnel on the far right with a sniper there (thereby locking it down since we have no way to throw an explosive down there due to the "roof" of the tunnel) and had shotguns in the other two hallways with a few backup snipers.

Shit was annoying me so I left. Dan and Dave left as well. Faceless joined me in a decomp TDM match but we were losing so he left after two rounds and I left after three.

It's hilarious in retrospect because I got 5 MVP medals against 3-4 of them. Start calling in the cavalry... 6? Still winning... 9? Still winning but had to dig in and tank KDR. 10? Okay, we could win on defense, but not worth another death march to defend against. "You win," but only in attrition. You still suck in smaller numbers and a deaf person just ran all over your asses even when you had air vehicles, something he hates, dudes.

Rebel Leader said:
Were we such a threat to deserve it?

Apparently. I guess because I kept getting MVP with Faceless or one of you two getting MVP 2/3 in tow with our "squad" at the top. Consistantly with them being a full 1000 points or more behind in the leaderboards.

The most satisfying part of those rounds was me getting the "FUCK YOU" arm/disarms of the round on Kharg. Nearly lost second set. Armed it. Dunno how we held them off but suddenly "M-COM DESTROYED! 'FUCK YOU' AT MY MONITOR!"

Disarm? Third set at A. Take out a dude going up the stairs with the AEK. Get over there. Start getting pinged, throw a medikit out. Pray. DISARM! Wait what!? I ENDED THE GAME!? "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! *fist pump*"

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It was fun.. Then OPmetro poped up and I went "ah shit".. Cause I believe that if we coyld get the 1st set if crates... getting to the 2nd set could turn into a deathtrap.... which it did

TheSeks

Op Metro can be fun, but that "choke point" at the entrance of the tunnels is terrible to get past. And then you have to work your way through the tunnels to the crates. Then work your way up stairs/another choke points with USAS-frags/LAV rounds and rockets and grenades coming at you. Blech.

I enjoy the map, but I don't enjoy what it's became.

On another note, I finally slogged through the campaign on Hard this weekend…and boy that was a mess.

i stopped trying in the first level because of horrible cheap instakills. After the sniper-bazooka part you are asked to cover the guys down on the road. If you move too far away from the ledge or duck or whatever you just die instantly. Without anyone actually shooting you, this happened to me in easy difficulty several times too. If you go somewhere the devs dont want, you will just die instantly... yay...

Top Bottom