• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

-=Under Editing | Estimated Completion time: 8 years & 2 Months=-
[IMG-removed]http://i.imgur.com/lzm5S.gif[/IMG]
TheSeks said:
This is the thread. This is where you post stories/battlerecorder videos.

No, there are no fucking fancy banners. You want that go to >>BF3 |OT|<< or pick up a magazine (no, not the ammo version).

Also all of you suck and need to learn how to play the game as a team. Toodles!

Latest Game Info

zzzzzz

Relevant Links:
Battlefield 3 |OT|
Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup
Battlefield 3 Xbox360 Gamertags
Bad Company 2 |OT2|
Updates/Patches needed to play the Xbox 360 Multiplayer

Tip & Tricks

• General
    • SPOT ENEMIES - Put your crosshair over an enemy and press the spot button. This highlights the enemies, making him a magnet for your team's bullets. You also get points for every kill that comes off your spot. There are mechanics to spotting (see the FAQ below), but it seems that any weapon with high zoom is easier to spot with--speculate that spotting mechanism has some sort of "cone" to it
    • Squad Order - Put your crosshair on an MCOM until it "highlights", and press the Spot button. It should set a Squad Order (attack or defend, depending on situation). If you or your squad defend/attack this position, kill any enemies in the area of the Order, etc., you get free points (MCOM Attack Order, MCOM Defend Order, Squad Attack Order, etc.)
    • All it takes is one player and about 3 seconds to arm an MCOM. IMO, ALWAYS have someone guarding the MCOM station.
    • Pay attention to the automated yelling in the game. Sit on an ammo pack and toss a grenade into a suspected enemy position--if you hear them yell GRENADE, you know where they are. In a similar vein, if you kill an enemy and hear "Man down!" from the other team, you know he wasn't alone
    • If you are the only one of your squad mates left alive and you're in a good spot (near the MCOM, sneaking around base, etc.), STAY ALIVE so your squad mates can spawn on you. At max, you have to sit still for 10 seconds.
  • Recon
  • Vehicles
    • Never abandon a heavy vehicle: If your you're going to abandon a heavily damaged tank, chopper or any other offensive vehicle - make sure it is destroyed on your way out. That or trap it with C4/tank mines to ensure it doesn't fall into enemy hands.
    • Don't fire off pointless tank/gunner shots just because you're bored/there are no enemies in sight. You're essentially giving away your location for no good reason.

CO-OP
I know what you're thinking. "CO-OP? Why would I want to play CO-OP?"
Well, you'll want to play CO-OP, cause right now that's the only way for you to unlock certain MP weapons:
  • General - MP412 REX (unlock at 63000 CO-OP Score)
  • Assault - KH2002 (unlock at 126000 CO-OP Score)
  • General - MP7 (unlock at 189000 CO-OP Score)
  • Recon - M39 EMR (unlock at 252000 CO-OP Score)
  • General - 93R (unlock at 315000 CO-OP Score)
  • Engineer - SG553 (unlock at 378000 CO-OP Score)
  • Assault - G3A3 (unlock at 441000 CO-OP Score)

Squad Up (temp banners):
PS3 Battlelog Platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240984194053/

|

-Thread created on an i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz, 560 ti 900mhz PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
Yeah, after you pay me back, you lowly debtor of a peasant.

Who said I had to pay you back!? I DIDN'T SIGN THAT CONTRACT!

Soon

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
No fancy banners or 10 posts full of information we already know????

I'M OUT

BUT THERE'S BAD INFORMATION IN THE OP INCLUDED! SURELY THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR TWO MONTHS WORK, AMIRITE!?

Oh shit, there's an in game server browser for consoles too! I feel slow for not knowing, but I thought this would be just like any other console shooter

My minds blown before I even jump in a match

Natiko

Banned
I'm really sad. I ordered this on Amazon with release date delivery...but forgot to put the address as my college apartment and instead sent it to my house :(

darkwing

computers putin' said:
Oh shit, there's an in game server browser for consoles too! I feel slow for not knowing, but I thought this would be just like any other console shooter

nice, did they did those squad bugs, where your party gets all mixed up when entering a game

olimpia84

Shouldn't this thread be placed in the Gaming section for a week or two like they did with the Zelda Community thread that way people know it exists?

red731

If we gonna write our gamertags or psn ids, then we should specify them.
Or just tell us to look on your profile.

Add me - nick in profile, PS3

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
"online pass check failed. please try again later"

I've gotten this about 20 times and it won't let me play MP. Come the fuck on.

Daigoro

Peasant GAf represent!

Evolved1 said:
"online pass check failed. please try again later"

I've gotten this about 20 times and it won't let me play MP. Come the fuck on.

yeah supposedly shit wasnt going to be ready until 12AM PST. some people said they are playing, but ymmv.

servers will probably be fucked all day anyways.

DICE.

Daigoro

Mikasangelos said:
INSTALLING AS I TYPE.....OMG

Add me Miguelangelos

i will add you. add yourself to GAF BF3 if you have room too.

let's be BF BFF's.

computers putin' said:

awesome right?

darkwing said:
nice, did they did those squad bugs, where your party gets all mixed up when entering a game

let's fucking hope so...

at least we get real squad management options this time. that will help.

Daigoro

Tunavi said:
So does the console version actually have a battle recorder? How does it work?

i dont think it actually does, does it?

id be pleasantly surprised if it did.

darkwing said:
what squad management options?

private squads and invites in game, instead of all lobby shit which worked fine until you actually got in a game and got split up like in BC2.

also i think you can actually view squads in game and choose which to join.

Evolved1

Well off to an awesome start. Server browser is crap. Says games are open that are all full. So I use quick match but three times in a row in drops me in a game on the losing side like 10 seconds before the match ends. My first three BF3 games are losses and I never fire a shot. Awesome.

I keep trying to get into a big vehicle map... but I join, get a loss, and then immediately get put into an infantry map. smh. I say fuck it so I can at least play for a second and I get instantly killed walking out of the spawn. Apparently on this shit map the defense and attack start right on top of one another (DICE wants to be CoD so bad, it's embarrassing). And I'm reminded how much I hate the aiming in this.

Just let me fly a chopper motherfuckers!!!!!!!!

darkwing

Daigoro said:
private squads and invites in game, instead of all lobby shit which worked fine until you actually got in a game and got split up like in BC2.

also i think you can actually view squads in game and choose which to join.

nice, I hope they fixed the squad chat too, it was wonky in the Beta

Daigoro said:
i will add you. add yourself to GAF BF3 if you have room too.

let's be BF BFF's.

awesome right?

let's fucking hope so...

at least we get real squad management options this time. that will help.

Definitely

So far the one thing that stand out as a big difference from the beta is the gunplay. The guns are alot easier to handle, and it seem.s to take a bullet or 2 more to kill. This is fine, but I personally thought the gunplay in the beta was brilliant. While it's not too far off from it now, it just seem like since the guns are easier to handle its less necessary to switch to single fire mode, and I thought knowing when to switch firing modes gave the game a bit more depth

Hit detection has been pretty good so far

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm about to head over to best buy over here in ca. Anyon that went on the east coast know how long it took the line to move? Also anyone on ps3 add me up. Darkflow

Evolved1

Omg they completely changed the vehicle controls... I can't even drive a tank.

Tunavi said:
no, I'm assuming we decided to branch off ourselves. PC and console are two different games.

You guys think they're that different? Am I missing something beyond higher player counts and much better graphics?

darkwing

Genesis Knight said:
You guys think they're that different? Am I missing something beyond higher player counts and much better graphics?

we don't have the battlelog browser thingy too, plus of course different maps (smaller ones)

Evolved1

They changed all the controls for everything. DICE is a bunch of cunts.

I can't fly or drive anything. And no BC2 config. It's like they're pretending that game never existed.

People who were on the BFBC2 listing for PS3:
I am not copying the list over, so make sure you sign up for the new BF3 listing.

darkwing

Dreamgazer said:
in the op. I know the banner sucks right now, I'll fix it up when I have time (hahahhahahaha)

T_T

lol i'm a peasant :| anyways, we are not using the battlelog to create a platoon/clan etc?

Top Bottom