• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of my co-op weapon unlocks while the rest of you act bitter.

My main BF homie and I were already planning to playing co-op anyways. We always have a sick time in co-op. Please tell me Sir Carl is the secret unlock for finishing the final level.

Raide

Stallion Free said:
Lol I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of my co-op weapon unlocks while the rest of you act bitter.

My main BF homie and I were already planning to playing co-op anyways. We always have a sick time in co-op. Please tell me Sir Carl is the secret unlock for finishing the final level.

Same!

I am going to jump into Campaign and then Co-op first before I try out the MP.

I have no idea why people are getting all ruffled over some co-op mode linked to weapon unlocks. Spends an hour or two blasting through the co-op with friends and never play it again.

Stallion Free said:

that is awesome that you enjoy that mode but it shouldn't be forced on others that don't. thats the point, no need to mock us for not liking their decision to do this.

Raide said:
Same!

I am going to jump into Campaign and then Co-op first before I try out the MP.

I have no idea why people are getting all ruffled over some co-op mode linked to weapon unlocks. Spends an hour or two blasting through the co-op with friends and never play it again.
Or I could not waste an hour or two of my time playing linear levels with brainless AI. I would rather put that time towards learning the MP maps and unlocking my items there. Really shouldn't have to unlock anything at all, but without the carrot on the stick, what would people do? Play for fun? Lol.

The Faceless Master said:
there are several alternatives!

buy it on PS3!

buy it on PC!

people have tons of options to avoid swapping a disk!

Or for 360 users, the upcoming Games on Demand version!
no VIP code included

Nostalgia~4ever said:
It sounds like co-op only going to be like 5 hours anyway and i doubt you will unlock substansial weapons.
Why would I want to waste any amount of my time playing a game mode I have no desire to? Give me my MP unlocks in MP, not in co-op.

i just don't have faith in DICE making a compelling and entertaining vs CPU experience.
I don't have faith in like 99% of FPS games to deliver anything remotely entertaining co-op or singleplayer wise. They are all linear garbage with terrible AI, all of them. No way BF3 is going to be any different.

Stallion Free said:

i just don't have faith in DICE making a compelling and entertaining vs CPU experience.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KingOfKong said:
that is awesome that you enjoy that mode but it shouldn't be forced on others that don't. thats the point, no need to mock us for not liking their decision to do this.
You are just terrified that Sir Carl is the hidden unlock for co-op and that you will have to suffer it's wrath once more.

With a good co-op partner, they don't need to. My friend and I could honestly make just about any co-op a compelling experience.

Soma

Stallion Free said:

p much

it's not like i'm all "oh man i can't waste these 2 maybe 3 hours when i could be ranking up!". the MP is still gonna be there by the end of the day and it could even be fun too, who knows. oh well, if it happens to be really good weapon unlocks, more of an advantage for me then :3

edit - if it were the full campaign though i would probs agree with you guys on the whole thing

Stallion Free said:
With a good co-op partner, they don't need to. My friend and I could honestly make just about any co-op a compelling experience.
so could one of my friends, but he doesn't play BF! Army of Two was HILARIOUS when we played it co-op though! and he's already ready for Gears 3!

JWong said:
A completionist complaining about playing modes to be a completionist.
the real game *starts* when you have every option available.

Deegon

Banned
LOL at people hyping like crazy then go all out mad when there's co-op specific weapons. Oh, and the problem with two disks is easly solved by buying superior single disc PS3 version.

Deegon said:
LOL at people hyping like crazy then go all out mad when there's co-op specific weapons. Oh, and the problem with two disks is easly solved by buying superior single disc PS3 version.
there's nothing superior about using R1 to shoot!
DICE WTF?!?!!?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
there's nothing superior about using R1 to shoot!
DICE WTF?!?!!?
Devs that don't make R1 default to shoot have never played an FPS on the DS3. I have Realtriggers and I firmly believe this.

I hope it doesn't take too long to unlock the mortar system. Indirect fire is a game changer, ladies and gentlemen, and with a well coordinated squad it will be a game winner. I believe I saw it listed as an assaultman's equipment, but I do hope it is available to all classes.

Incoming IDF- hit the dirt!

LordCanti

I saw all the new replies, and figured the beta had come out. Nope, just news about needing to play co-op to unlock some MP items.

Raging a bit right now. Not at you guys, but at the molasses pace of BF3 news that trickles out.

Kyaw

I don't care much about the COOP MP unlocks... i know i will finish SP and COOP before MP.

Just need a good partner on the PC.

This week better be good. Need more news.

LordCanti said:
I saw all the new replies, and figured the beta had come out. Nope, just news about needing to play co-op to unlock some MP items.

Raging a bit right now. Not at you guys, but at the molasses pace of BF3 news that trickles out.

Same :(

Has the 2-disc for 360 been confirmed by DICE? I thought that picture of the steelbook case was posted earlier in this(or another BF3 thread) and no one freaked out about it then.. my memory is terrible though.

LordCanti

Assuming that the MP unlocks are worthwhile, I'm willing to co-op it up. Probably not day one though (going to be busy getting the server up).

Prologue said:
Kind of odd that no date has been announced for the beta. Its September, unprofessional imo.
Cry more, they dont HAVE to let you beta test it essentially getting to play the game weeks before its out. Not many games give you the opportunity to do that. Just be patient and crack one out or do some outside stuff.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LordCanti said:

We've actually had a ton of details for a while, especially about multiplayer. Gamescom just spoiled us all. We even got the majority of the MP unlocks listed out of that. Waiting for the beta has just been a lot harder since then.

mr_nothin

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:
Cry more, they dont HAVE to let you beta test it essentially getting to play the game weeks before its out. Not many games give you the opportunity to do that. Just be patient and crack one out or do some outside stuff.
Yes they do ;)
They want it tested themselves while also marketing the game. It's not just the dev doing us a big favor now...

And most MP oriented games do allow you to test it ahead of the release. I think I've played about 80-90% of the MP games I've wanted before they've been released.

Here, have some news.
Alan Kertz revealed via Twitter that due to Battlefield 3′s numerous unlocks and new structure it will take 100 hours to unlock all the weapons, attachments and gadgets for a single class. The reason for this amount of time is because unlocks in battlefield 3 will be given on a per weapon basis, where each attachment must be unlocked for each weapon separately.

Kyaw said:
Old news bro.
Shows what I know, sorry about that.

Animator

Prologue said:
Kind of odd that no date has been announced for the beta. Its September, unprofessional imo.

What exactly is "unprofessional" here?

They said beta will start September, it is September so it will start soon. When it is ready they will announce it. Unprofessional is announcing a date and not actually releasing on that date.

Some of you are seriously the most entitled whiny babies on internet.

mr_nothin said:
Yes they do ;)
They want it tested themselves while also marketing the game. It's not just the dev doing us a big favor now...

And most MP oriented games do allow you to test it ahead of the release. I think I've played about 80-90% of the MP games I've wanted before they've been released.
They can run a closed beta and let the people who played alpha test it. They dont have to open it up all the ingrates.

LordCanti

Animator said:
What exactly is "unprofessional" here?

They said beta will start September, it is September so it will start soon. When it is ready they will announce it. Unprofessional is announcing a date and not actually releasing on that date.

Some of you are seriously the most entitled whiny babies on internet.

They've quite literally entitled us to the beta by selling it as a perk for MOH:LE and pre-ordering on Origin.

I guess we could play the waiting game a little better though.

mr_nothin

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:
They can run a closed beta and let the people who played alpha test it. They dont have to open it up all the ingrates.
This marketing opportunity will not be wasted.

LordCanti said:
They've quite literally entitled us to the beta by selling it as a perk for MOH:LE and pre-ordering on Origin.

I guess we could play the waiting game a little better though.
This is true. Some people went out of their way to obtain these pre-reqs. An update on the status of things wouldnt hurt....but then again, with the BF2 crowd, anything they say has the potential to be hurtful XD

DarkChild

Banned
I've seen photos from OXM(there was nothing new really so no point in asking me) and it doesn't seem like there is anything about parity issues,at least they didn't mention it.So...everybody doubting about their pre order will probably have to wait for beta to see if "it works".

Dabanton

DarkChild said:
I've seen photos from OXM(there was nothing new really so no point in asking me) and it doesn't seem like they played it on 360,at least it doesn't seems so.So...everybody doubting about their pre order will probably have to wait for beta to see if "it works".

So no new pictures in the article?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
So...still no date on the beta?
I don't think there's ever going to be a date. I think they're just gonna launch it when it's ready. I also think it's going to be more demo than beta.

JWong

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
So...still no date on the beta?
1zw2l1x.gif
<- everyone
Beta please.

SapientWolf said:
I don't think there's ever going to be a date. I think they're just gonna launch it when it's ready. I also think it's going to be more demo than beta.

yes the game is still in development. Zh1nt0 said so himself.

LordCanti

Nostalgia~4ever said:
yes the game is still in development. Zh1nt0 said so himself.

Zh1nt0 also tweeted that the "early September" beta date was just a rumor. When reminded that the official BF twitter feed had published that information, he said that it was inaccurate.

In other words...you can't trust anything you read on twitter. (though I have no doubt that the game is actually still in development)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom