• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE confirms: player stats carry over from 360 BF4 to XB1 BF4, PS3 BF4 to PS4 BF4

Stats from 360/PS3 BF4 transfer to X1/PS4 BF4.

This holiday, DICE will unwrap the next generation of all-out warfare with Battlefield 4 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. That means best-in-class multiplayer is coming to consoles, with huge 64-player battles running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.

Whether you are playing on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, we want to make your transition to next generation consoles easy. That is why today we are informing the devoted Battlefield community that all the time and effort you spend building up your Battlefield 4 stats will carry over when you upgrade from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One and from the PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.

carryover_v4.jpg

That way, on October 29, you can get in the game without any worries that you will have to start ranking up all over again when the next generation consoles launch. We got your back.

Today we also wanted to inform the community that DICE is promising to keep the action going all year long with the return of Premium membership for Battlefield 4. With membership, players can expect themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content and personalization options. And just as your stats, unlocks and rank will be transferrable from current-gen to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so too will Battlefield 4 Premium membership.

Pre-order Battlefield 4 to get the China Rising expansion pack at no additional cost.

* RECEIPT OF BATTLEFIELD 4 CONTENT REQUIRES USE OF YOUR CURRENT ORIGIN ID AND XBOX 360/PS3 ACCOUNT ON GEN 4 CONSOLE. ALL CONTENT TRANSFERS ARE FINAL. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA ONLINE RIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES, ONLINE SERVICES AND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/1/SERVICE-UPDATES.

I hope we can assume the same for PC?

EDIT: I misread, this isn't a transfer from BF3 to BF4.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08/bring-bf4-mp-stats-to-gen4

This holiday, DICE will unwrap the next generation of all-out warfare with Battlefield 4 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. That means best-in-class multiplayer is coming to consoles, with huge 64-player battles running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.

Whether you are playing on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, we want to make your transition to next generation consoles easy. That is why today we are informing the devoted Battlefield community that all the time and effort you spend building up your Battlefield 4 stats will carry over when you upgrade from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One and from the PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.

That way, on October 29, you can get in the game without any worries that you will have to start ranking up all over again when the next generation consoles launch. We got your back.

Today we also wanted to inform the community that DICE is promising to keep the action going all year long with the return of Premium membership for Battlefield 4. With membership, players can expect themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content and personalization options. And just as your stats, unlocks and rank will be transferrable from current-gen to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so too will Battlefield 4 Premium membership.

carryover_v4.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Shit. Going from 360 -> PS4 gets me squat.

Edit: Ah...it's BF4 ->BF4. Makes more sense now. Feel better.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The thread title isn't accurate. Stats from the current gen version of BF4 will carry over to the next gen versions of BF4. Right?

Sojgat

Was unsure which next gen console I was going to buy this on; Dice just made the decision for me.

Edit:

The thread title isn't accurate. Stats from the current gen version of BF4 will carry over to the next gen versions of BF4. Right?

Or this, and I'm unsure again.

Jb

WIth Battlelog, I don't see why it has to be restricted to 360>XB1 and PS3>4, especially since they're just stats on a server. So much for the power of the cloud.

majik13

cool I guess. They want them double dippers. Not sure why they didnt do this between the 2 current gen platforms though. I bought both BC2 and BF3 on 360 and PS3. But unfortunately progression nor online pass were shared between the 2 current gen platforms, even though I have a single Origin account with both my gamertag and psn tied to it.

Lame too is that I had to buy a 2nd online pass for my 360 version, as I purchased it through gamefly.

Not sure why they cant have single character progression and online pass across all platforms, though single brand, cross generational is a step in the right direction I guess.

majik13

To be fair the Premium service with BF3 was fantastic and well worth it in my opinion.

Somewhat agree, I think the initial price was a bit too high, though I did like the new DLC.

But premium is somewhat different than a general online pass. It was more a DLC bundle deal and not so much a deterrent to buying it used, 2nd hand.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair the Premium service with BF3 was fantastic and well worth it in my opinion.
I'm pretty new to BF, and bought the BF3 + Premium bundle after all the expansions were already out. How much does it cost on its own? Was it that price before all the expansions were out? I love it in BF3, and would totally buy it for BF4 if the price was right.

Doesn't this squash the rumors of the PS4 launching in October then???
Not necessarily. I wouldn't take "on launch" literally.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's still dumb that they can't let you keep your rank and unlocks across all platforms. Or at least between PC and PS4/Xbone.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"Did ... did they do it? Ok, let's do it".

I really wish Battlefield was less reactive.

This had to have been implemented long before the CoD announcement. They just put the news out sooner because CoD said they did.

The guy that posted this probably doesn't now the PS4 release date. It's more for people that aren't buying consoles on launch.

majik13

not sure, as BF4 would still launch after the rumored PS4 launch date. I think it is a week or 2 later. But I don't think anyone who is planning to get it on ps4, will spring for the game on ps3 a week earlier. But who knows. And most players probabaly wouldn't purchase a PS4 at launch anyways.

I think they are just covering their bases for both MS and Sony for the sake of parity.

Alienous

This had to have been implemented long before the CoD announcement. They just put the news out sooner because CoD said they did.

Oh, I know, they just miss the opportunity to generate interest when they let others show their cards first.

Really, EA's marketing should have put a trailer out today in anticipation of the COD Multiplayer Reveal event.

Top Bottom