• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Battlefield Hardline Graphics on Xbox one

Pranay

Feb 12, 2011
Mumbai, India
www.ngfcommunity.com
hahaha WHAT ? From the ot

Comparision to prevoius gen bc1 and bc2

Bad Company 1 screenshot, 360 version,

Bad Company 2 360 version
[/QUOTE]

Valkrai

Sep 30, 2013
It doesn't look that bad, just the lighting not really helping in that screenshot.

Edit: The aliasing looks horrid though.

meptrep

Jan 23, 2014
Great thread. At least it runs at a higher resolution than 1024x600, though, unlike those 360 screenshots you posted.

Anyways, unless the Xbox One version is the only one to look like that, it looks like more of a mapping issue if there's absolutely nothing on screen at that point. But of course the graphics will be worse on a console like that and the engine they use has awful optimization even on PC.

ProvenDeadly

Jun 14, 2014
In all seriousness this thread should be named "Visceral game looks bad" not "Xbox One game looks bad"

I assume the PS4 version looks not great either.

airjoca

Oct 4, 2011
Maybe the player had just spawned and some geometry/assets was still loading. That happens often to me on BF4 on PS4.

Wasteman

Banned
Jan 10, 2014
I don't think Frostbite is all that good for consoles really, I don't know about Hardline but BF4 was very cpu dependent.

Backfoggen

Banned
Jul 21, 2009
Take a pic of that part of the map on PS4 and it'll look the same except a little sharper because of the resolution difference.

Gamer Found Ugly Looking Spot In Large-Scale Multiplayer Map

Broadbandito

Aug 29, 2006
WI
I don't think Frostbite is all that good for consoles really, I don't know about Hardline but BF4 was very cpu dependent.

I think a lot of issues spawn from being cross/gen games. I sat in a talk at GDC about far cry 4 and them talking about the limitations they had to abide by due to last gen versions.

Fury451

Banned
May 1, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Take a pic of that part of the map on PS4 and it'll look the same except a little sharper because of the resolution difference.

Gamer Found Ugly Looking Spot In Large-Scale Multiplayer Map

Yep. Until I see more consistent screenshots, obsessing and despairing over this is pointless. It's not a looker of a game, but there's a reason(s) this screen looks so bad.

Enilced2

Jun 1, 2014
Canada
I think a lot of issues spawn from being cross/gen games. I sat in a talk at GDC about far cry 4 and them talking about the limitations they had to abide by due to last gen versions.
Pretty much this, cross gen development is holding a lot of people back it seems. I'm more curious to see the first frostbite game that isn't made for the last gen consoles and only current gen. Battlefront should be a pretty good barometer I think since its current gen and pc only

Jito

Banned
Jul 10, 2013
Visceral's dead guys. Let's hope Bioware's death is quick and painless at lest.

Nah they've got to be working on a Star Wars game as well really, why would EA close all their studios after getting such a big IP?

Gestault

Oct 18, 2012
You could, I dunno, look up something other than one image to get a sense of how it looks.

The GiantBomb Quick Look might be a good starting point. They comment that it tends to look pretty unimpressive, but the image in OP seems almost deliberately non-representative of what to expect from the game.

(The game looks like tuckuss a lot of the time.)