• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock announced [Strategy, coming this summer, PC/PS4/XB1]

FelipeMGM

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf3xiY-MBU

Steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/

PR:

Slitherine and Black Lab Games, in partnership with Universal Brand Development, are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock™ available on PC and consoles this summer. In the exciting new game, based on the award winning sci-fi universe produced by Universal Cable Productions and aired on SYFY for four seasons, created by Glen A. Larson, players will be able to build their fleet, fight tactical battles, and strategically defend the Twelve Colonies during the First Cylon War.

"Everyone at Black Lab Games is a big fan of Battlestar Galactica", said Paul Turbett, managing director of the development studio. “Our main goal is to give the vast community of fans and followers a game that is deeply rooted in the franchise’s values. We are creating a game that tells new stories, but with familiar places, events and characters. And all of it will be captured in the depth that our strategy game will offer".

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is a deep strategy game that also features a strong narrative with an extensive cast of characters, both new and from the existing lore. Fans will find all their favorite ships from Vipers, Raptors and Battlestars, to Cylon Raiders and Basestars, in addition to a brand-new range of ships designed exclusively for the game.

"Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is one of the most exciting projects we have ever worked on", said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine group. "The Battlestar Galactica universe has an incredibly loyal following and very high expectations. As a publisher, we understand what it means to work on a project that has to please a specific audience while delivering a deep strategic experience".

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is set to release this summer on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the official product page for further information and to keep up-to-date with all future announcements.

muzzymate

do they have a plan?

Their plan is to make it up as they go and then to try and hobble together an explanation at the end.

Can't wait to learn more about it. I'm missing Battlestar Galactica enough that I would buy almost anything on name alone, so more info will be appreciated.

Vitet

do they have a plan?

Perfect
so%20say%20we%20all.gif

tomhan

Releasing this summer, that seems soon. I hope it's good, I would totally play a good strategy game set in the BSG universe

Altazor

Their plan is to make it up as they go and then to try and hobble together an explanation at the end.

Can't wait to learn more about it. I'm missing Battlestar Galactica enough that I would buy almost anything on name alone, so more info will be appreciated.

I watched BSG for the first time a couple of years ago and I kinda bitterly laughed at (BIG BSG SPOILERS)
"the Plan" was basically "let's just kill everybody". Literally. That was Cavil's plan. And that was the thing they spend 4 seasons building up to?

I still loved the series, though. Had a blast with it (except, maybe, Black Market)

btags

Now that I think about it, it is kind of odd that no one has done a roguelike game based on battlestar galactica. I guess it would basically be like FTL, but it could have a little more political/factional stuff within the fleet to make it interesting.

gabbo

Hopefully they get it right. Everything up to this point has been pretty terrible (outside of the Freespace2 mods)

Starhammer was great, a rough diamond. This hopefully should be even better.

It's a fleet tactics game. What the hell has 'cultural conversation' got to do with anything? For all its faults, BSG still rings out as the big kick in the pants TV scifi needed. We're only *just* getting that calibre of production back with The Expanse.

Bring it on, I say.

Ashtar

Don't know this developer and don't play strategy games but I'm here for the bsg memes, man that show was so great for a few seasons.

bachikarn

I watched BSG for the first time a couple of years ago and I kinda bitterly laughed at (BIG BSG SPOILERS)
"the Plan" was basically "let's just kill everybody". Literally. That was Cavil's plan. And that was the thing they spend 4 seasons building up to?

I still loved the series, though. Had a blast with it (except, maybe, Black Market)

Pretty sure "The Plan" was just something the marketting department came up with, and the creator didn't want that line in the intro. He was pretty open about the fact that he made up the narrative as he went (as opposed to the Lost writers who said they did have a plan, but turned out they were just lying). The BSG guys felt compelled in the end to reveal the "Plan" so that's why they made that epilogue movie lol

Seems kinda interesting but weird. Reading the description it sounds like you are controlling the ship building yards right after the Cylon surprise attack, with Admiral Cain hanging around providing support. So... no actual Battlestar Galactica.

Also... we all know how that story ends? Kind of weird.

Completely off topic but Six has been on the TV show Lucifer the past season and she is absolutely killing it on there.

Altazor

Seems kinda interesting but weird. Reading the description it sounds like you are controlling the ship building yards right after the Cylon surprise attack, with Admiral Cain hanging around providing support. So... no actual Battlestar Galactica.

it's about the First Cylon War, not the Second/Destruction of the Colonies

ultron87

I wonder what they'll do to add some variety for units. BSG has a very small number of ship types established. Just one or two capital ships and a few types of fighter per side.

xrnzaaas

Completely off topic but Six has been on the TV show Lucifer the past season and she is absolutely killing it on there.

I wouldn't expect a deep storyline like in Stacraft games. It's just a good excuse to have an RTS game with two opposing sides and the show is generally well remembered so if the rights to the franchise were cheap that'll also certainly help to boost the sales.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
And yet they subtitled it after one of the worst episodes! Pah!

This is pretty funny though. Someone was saying "give me a new BSG game" in one of the Mass Effect threads just last night.

BY YOUR COMMAND.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

This is based on the First Cylon War, though. That was the Second Cylon War. The first is 40 years before the miniseries. Young Adama, etc

EDIT: Gah, I was doing so well with the no double-posting thing, too.

Kumquat

Likely classic Cylons.

Anyone know about Slitherine? I looked up their catelogue and didn't see anything worthy of note but maybe I'm missing something. Always up for a new developer to wow us.

I don't want to click the links at work. does it specify turn based or real time? please be turn based, I'm terrible at real time

emag

I don't want to click the links at work. does it specify turn based or real time? please be turn based, I'm terrible at real time

Steam page says pausable real-time. The [teaser] trailer is just a shot of a damaged battlestar with a voiceover. Is this a retail release or F2P? It looks pretty low budget either way.

Top Bottom