• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 in 2019 no longer a possibility.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
https://www.gamesradar.com/bayonetta-3-release-date/

However, Bayonetta 3 is mysteriously given a release date of "TBA" (To Be Announced), the only other game it shares that acronym with being Metroid Prime 4, which got completely rebooted and handed over to another developer unexpectedly last year. That spells bad news for those of us expecting to play Bayonetta 3 sometime later this year, but hopefully the internal delay is merely a small pushback for extra polish, rather than an indication of development woes over at Platinum Gamaes

Link to Ninty's Q1 2019 statements: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190425_3e.pdf

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Wait what? This is completely false, and it's simply Gamesradar being either intentionally sensational or simply blissfully ignorant, lacking the ability to do any basic fact-checking.

Bayonetta 3 being "TBA" in this kind of document doesn't mean that it has been delayed, nor that it won't come in 2019. It simply means that the release year is not officially confirmed.

It has been marked as TBA for the whole fiscal year and probably beyond.

Here are the previous documents that this writer should have really clicked on before writing this pile of donkey dung of an "article."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190131_2e.pdf
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181030_3e.pdf
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180731_2e.pdf

Internal delay my rear. It may or may not come this year, but nothing in today's documents (or any other document) indicates anything of that one way or the other.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Bayonetta 3 being "TBA" in this kind of document doesn't mean that it has been delayed, nor that it won't come in 2019. It simply means that the release year is not officially confirmed.

This, essentially - while I think it's fair to say it's very unlikely we'll see Bayo 3 in 2019, it doesn't confirm that it won't be. Nor does it confirm that Animal Crossing will actually come out in 2019 just because it's scheduled to in that document.

Edit: someone with more time than me should actually go look at their older reports and... well, report back on how accurate their predicted release schedules have been, that'd be interesting as hell

Last edited:

Fbh

The year seems pretty packed for the Switch and they already have a Platinum exclusive.
So Bayo 3 making it into next year wouldn't be bad . Hopefully we get a first proper trailer at E3

HyGogg

Banned
Doesn’t sound like polishing delay to me. PG might have issues and that’s what happens when you work on several projects at the same time.
Platinum in particular has a bad reputation in the industry when it comes to managing multiple projects as well.

That said, Astral Chain is coming this summer, I'm fine to wait a bit for Bayo 3.

Majukun

didn't have much hope about the project in the first place since kamiya doesn't seem to be the director and the dip in quality between bayo 1 and 2 was almost vertical...and all this time without a single info about the game isn't reassuring either

Who even said it was going to come out this year ?

I don’t mind having to wait till next year, we’re getting Astral Chain this year at least.

Bill Trinen mentioned it here:

"That's another game that's maybe coming a little sooner than people anticipate. It comes later this year."

Other than this Gamesradar editor's opinion on a document I've heard nothing indicating that anything has changed.

Last edited:

goldenpp72

The moment Astral Chain was revealed I thought it was obvious Bayonetta 3 isn't 2019. I hope it's just getting the love it deserves rather than being in trouble though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im definitely looking forward to Bayonetta 3 but I don't mind it get released next year because Platinum Games is already giving me this beauty...
pg1.gif

Astral Chain gives me same vibe as 90s cop anime like Patlabor and Appleseed and cyberpunk setting similar to Psycho-Pass and Ghost in the Shell.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It goes something like this:

- Game is released on time: 50%
- Game is delayed: 47%
- Game is cancelled: 2.99%

- Game is ready and released early: 0.01%

Im definitely looking forward to Bayonetta 3 but I don't mind it get released next year because Platinum Games is already giving me this beauty...
pg1.gif

Astral Chain gives me same vibe as 90s cop anime like Patlabor and Appleseed and cyberpunk setting similar to Psycho-Pass and Ghost in the Shell.

Danjin your a cool person and I'm not trying to be mean or an ass but there's no freaking way the switch can pull that off.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Danjin your a cool person and I'm not trying to be mean or an ass but there's no freaking way the switch can pull that off.
Well we just have to wait and see. After E3, we will be very close to the release date so whatever they show in E3 that will be the final look of the game.

Greedings

I love platinum but they’re not known for having blockbuster sales of their games. I’m surprised, but thankful they’re still around.

Mista

Banned
Platinum left this project and so has my interest in it
True but they worked on the whole battle system if i remember correctly. Don’t think Cygames will scrap that and do it all over again. I still believe PG’s touch will still be in the game

VertigoOA

Banned
Astral Chain looks far more interesting. Most likely has a better chance at being a success than Bayonetta also. Art direction helps a lot aside from character designs.

The platinum beat em ups seem cookie cutter at this point and never liked them to begin with as I’d rather play Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 ... hate the dmc style combat (ps consumers don’t care about it either LOL).

But your waifu

Last edited:
Top Bottom