• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beck 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

WOOT. Been gone all weekend, can't wait to check it out. BECK ANIME in October if you hadnt heard Tre. :D :D :D

beck.jpg

Meier

Nope, not last ever. Still going in Japan.. they're just going slow with it since it only comes out once a month and they dont want to be completely current.

They're hinting that it's going to end soon, so I don't think it has many more volumes left.

Chrono: No, not at all. But if you do know a lot/like a lot of music, you'll like it even more.

For those who don't keep up to date...

1. Beck scanlation has ended.
2. The translator has been hired by Tokyopop.
3. Beck TPB #1 is set for release on July 12.

Beck's anime is being slowed down by the fact that A-E can't properly understand the Engrish in a lot of the songs and they want the sub to be as good as possible.

Cloudy

Banned
Is the anime gonna tie everything up though? Gantz, Berserk and KareKano didn't so I'm stocking up on those to read on PSP (I have the KareKano books tho). Do I have to start getting Beck too? o_O

Hmm if the Beck manga starts in july and it's released once every 2 months, like most normal TP titles i can finally start up where mangascreener left off in sept 2008! In 3 years i can honestly say no matter how much i enjoy beck i'm not going to give a shit at that point lol. Of course it's never the release schedule that drives away fans though in the companies minds, it's always the scanslators and fansubbers.....

And what other projects? All of MangaScreeners big projects are gone now. 20th CB was licensed, Beck is licensed, only other big project they're working on is H2 and it's not very popular at all heh.

Chrono

Banned
michael000 said:
And what other projects? All of MangaScreeners big projects are gone now. 20th CB was licensed, Beck is licensed, only other big project they're working on is H2 and it's not very popular at all heh.

heh I downloaded 17 volumes of 20th CB but kept procrastinating reading it until it was licensed just a day or two ago. I deleted them and now I'm waiting for the first volume. :D

I try not to get into manga scantlations because they can go on forever and if they get licensed it'll take a long, long time for the licensing company to catch up. Never mind that the groups scantlating might just stop. I also hate reading manga on my PC and prefer to buy the volumes.

The only scantlations I'm keeping up with are Naruto, GantZ, and soon One Piece. Maybe Berserk too after I watch it.

Chrono said:
heh I downloaded 17 volumes of 20th CB but kept procrastinating reading it until it was licensed just a day or two ago. I deleted them and now I'm waiting for the first volume. :D

I try not to get into manga scantlations because they can go on forever and if they get licensed it'll take a long, long time for the licensing company to catch up. Never mind that the groups scantlating might just stop. I also hate reading manga on my PC and prefer to buy the volumes.

The only scantlations I'm keeping up with are Naruto, GantZ, and soon One Piece. Maybe Berserk too after I watch it.

You're actually better off having done that, 20thCB is a great great read but the wait you're gonna end up saving yourself will be nice. At the end of 17 a plot twist that's covered over 10 volumes or so is previewed for the next volume. For us in the states that's also going to be sometime in 2008 if Viz stays to form lol.

I really love long series but nowadays it's just not worth it because 99% of the time you're not going to get to read the ending without some ungodly long waiting time. As for volumes i prefer them too as long as the translations are faithful to the original (which isn't always the case). From what i've read Beck will be edited to be more American friendly. If that happens the odds of me buying Beck go from slim to none heh.

I'm glad that the guy got the job at Tokyo Pop, but sweet Jesus I don't want to wait so long to catch up to where I've already read. I'll probably buy the entire series (the only manga I'll ever buy).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tre said:
I'll probably buy the entire series (the only manga I'll ever buy).
Yeah I am quite picky when it comes to buying manga, but getting Nausicaa was probably the best thing I have ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom