• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT2| Can't stop won't stop the fresh hop

That just confirms that he should send me the coffee and cognac versions, just to be safe.

Anyways, I feel like I am going to regret my choices tomorrow. Got home from work about 4pm after being up since 6am. Started with an Enjoy By, then had a bottle of Tweak while making dinner. Then finished the growler of the Lagunitas Willett Imperial Stout (about 20oz). I feel I am going to feel like shit in the morning, and I don't care.

You're going to feel it alright. What else you got in the fridge? Still have a Tweak in the fridge and was tempted to grab some more today when I was out. Crazy how it's a shelf turd now.

You're going to feel it alright. What else you got in the fridge? Still have a Tweak in the fridge and was tempted to grab some more today when I was out. Crazy how it's a shelf turd now.

Have a bunch of Prairie stuff (Pirate Noir, Vanilla Noir, Prairie Noir, Barrel Aged Bomb), Avery Mephistopheles, Dogfish Worldwide Stout, Stone Xocoveza and Enjoy By, Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Even More Jesus, Ommegang Game of Thrones Tripel, and some ATG Bo & Luke. Just pulled my Abyss aged in Whiskey Barrels from 2015 to chill the other day. Says best after tomorrow, so I plan on hitting that soon.

Yes, I am ready for if the power goes out tomorrow with these storms in SOKY. Also have some bourbon at the ready too.

I have made a huge mistake...

EDIT: On a different note, quite enjoyed the Tweak tonight. It was both better and not as good as I remembered. The coffee definitely isn't as strong as I remembered, and the bourbon was stronger. It felt more balanced this year. Quite good, but not sure about $15 a bottle good. Still have another upstairs stashed away for next year either way.

ACE 1991

My first homebrew attempt was a great success! I brewed a simple pale ale with extract, nice body with the right amount of malt/hop ratio in the flavor. I threw some citra pellets at the end of the boil that my buddy had left over for aroma, which ended up giving the brew a really bright smell. Already thinking about the next brew, my parents are getting me a kettle burner for xmas because I can't imagine ever boiling 5 gallons of water on a damn stovetop again (it took hours to really start boiling).

Do any homebrewers here have recommmendations for a nice hefeweizen extract recipe?

IMG_4161.jpg

Wife and I were up in Vancouver BC for the weekend. Grabbed some beers up there and also some cans at a brewery in Bellingham on the way home.

Jarnet87

Funky Buddha releasing what is probably their most anticipated release of the year and they are doing it on a Friday at 11:30 AM. So much for getting bottles.

Mitch

Banned
Drank a Dark Lord variant this weekend and now another whole foods near me has Abraxas on tap. This was a good week.
One of these days I'll get to try Dark Lord.

Had a Jungle Juiced Head Hunter from Fat Head's tonight. Almost too much orange, but it was so refreshing and crushable that I loved it.

I had a long day of work followed by almost 3 hours of dental work. I deserved something special. My wife was kind enough to get me some Belgian Quads to get me through the night. And tomorrow night.

riotous

Banned
Strange, don't find it all that sweet. had it on tap and in bottle recently. But I have a strange palette with a high tolerance for sweetness and burn.

Also had a bottle of Spice Wars the other day; definitely can taste the adjuncts more than I could on tap.

overcast

My local Bevmo had a mistake sign up. 5.49 for a peppermint victory at sea. They made sure to correct it after, but I figured that was a good price for a 10% seasonal beer.

Despite the fact it kinda sounds gross.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Spending my xmas eve getting tuned up on a delicious pale ale from the brewery I work at. Free growlers of powerful beer are (usually...) a blessing. 🙌

OK, I've had all the beer on Kauai. Just not a beer location.

My local Bevmo had a mistake sign up. 5.49 for a peppermint victory at sea. They made sure to correct it after, but I figured that was a good price for a 10% seasonal beer.

Despite the fact it kinda sounds gross.

Peppermint Victory at Sea is legit. Significantly better than the original.

Took my car in for a new battery, and I am waiting at a local pub until it is done. They have 120 Min on tap. I felt bad about ordering it because I have to drive soon. They called and said I need a new alternator. I don't feel bad about this pint of 120 now. It washes the expensive pain away. Thank god my wife is driving. Bless her.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
So I finally boiled my first wort and set it in my fermenter system I bought on Kickstarter. I'm worried that I made two rookie mistakes tho.

When pulling wort off to test the OG, I kind of wasn't paying attention (had 3 beers during the boil) and dipped the bottom of the cylinder flask thing you test OG into the cooled wort.

Also I didn't think to filter out my hops so there is a ton in the trub jar even after dumping once.

Mitch

Banned
Nice pick up.

Any of you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid? Picking up a pack and possibly their limited release CitruSinensis pale ale.

riotous

Banned
Had a Bourbon County Rare (2015) on Christmas night; very cocktail-ish which I like. I've had stronger beers but nothing with quite so much bourbon flavor. Personally loved it, but not for everyone, and not a good value either way lol.

Bacon

Nice pick up.

Any of you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid? Picking up a pack and possibly their limited release CitruSinensis pale ale.

It's alright. It's cheap and has a high alcohol content so it's a good go to if I just want to throw one on but I wouldn't say it's a phenomenal beer or anything.

HiResDes

Had a Bourbon County Rare (2015) on Christmas night; very cocktail-ish which I like. I've had stronger beers but nothing with quite so much bourbon flavor. Personally loved it, but not for everyone, and not a good value either way lol.
Have you ever had Prop that's the variant id kill to try every year.

Lotto

Have you ever had Prop that's the variant id kill to try every year.

Prop '14 was magical. The best coconut barrel aged beer I've ever had, constantly searching for another beer like it. Haven't had any of the other years. I've heard they're less desirable but I'd like to try them for myself.

riotous

Banned
I prefer Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter; but I have some Death by Coconut and some Barrel Aged Ten Fiddy in my fridge, that might be more fitting.

HiResDes

Prop '14 was magical. The best coconut barrel aged beer I've ever had, constantly searching for another beer like it. Haven't had any of the other years. I've heard they're less desirable but I'd like to try them for myself.
15 sounded incredible to me but of course it was largely infected.

riotous

Banned
Well loads of specialty / anniversary beers are blends in the first place.

I've never done it at home, but if I'm sitting at a bar with a flight of tasters I'll sometimes mix the last few sips of different beers.

Saya

Guys, I got gifted a big selection of various trappist beers. What is the best way to store them? I'm not going to drink them all right away. I reckon if I want to have one, I'll just cool them in the fridge for a while before opening.

Guys, I got gifted a big selection of various trappist beers. What is the best way to store them? I'm not going to drink them all right away. I reckon if I want to have one, I'll just cool them in the fridge for a while before opening.

Steady temperature is best. Basement floor or against a cool wall would be good. Keeping them all in the fridge would also be good. Avoid light and heat.

Top Bottom