• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyamr

except the name, it actually looks really really nice and sleek.
Way better than expected. Very good, Nintendo,you have a real chance.

That....actually looked really good for a hybrid. I was expecting it to be clunky and unwieldy. Also, some of those mockups posted before were fucking spot on.

Also portable Skyrim.

Looks exactly like how I thought it'd be lol

p168tRE.jpg

How I'll play all my games.

Most rumors were true it seems.

From the Youtube video '... the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose'.

Wasn't that something Sony originally promised would also be able with the PS4 and Vita?

Anyways the system looks interesting. Can't wait for some in-depth analysis of the video.

New Mario Kart.

That was MK8.

Puru

Yah i'm definitly interested by this.
The handheld factor is all i wanted, if i can also play on a bigger screen now and then on title such as monster hunter then perfect.

Richie

FUCKING AMAZING
MORE TRADITIONAL CONTROLLER WHILE AT HOME
NEW MARIO LOOKED SUPERB
AAAAAAAH
Helluva promotion here!

That controller looks so much better than the clunky WiiU shit.

Bit worried about the specs if the launch trailer is showing 2 old-gen games though...

Lunar15

Name: Sure, not the worst, but also not the best?

Design: Slick, utilitarian. Almost doesn't seem like a Nintendo product with all the good and bad things that carries.

Gimmick: I love the idea of a hybrid, but the detatchable controllers thing is still just very puzzling to me. I don't get the appeal, but it's also not a deal breaker.

Gimmie dat Mario

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
That's actually a good name. Looks like Nintendo's marketing department got themselves together after Wii U failed at least. I do wonder if they'll get sports titles support, the way they demonstrated is was pretty novel if they can.

-shadow-

I'm surprised that it looks a lot better than I had expected. And digging that you can keep using different controllers on the system rather than the separate controllers that you can slide on it.

Fou-Lu

The look of the console and the controllers and everything is so slick. It looks tough, but not like something people can accuse of being 'Fisherprice'. I am loving it. And new 3D Mario! Fuuuuck yessss.

Name is better than the Wii, I'll say that much. And no delay! Yay!

Par Score

Console looks cool. Not sure about the logo. Name is fine. The click/snap branding "note" is a solid choice, that will play well in trailers/ads, very distinctive.

Sort of disappointing they showed it off with known-quantities like Zelda, Skyrim, Splatoon and some basketball game.

The Mario looked new, but "a new Mario" might be the least surprising game announcement that could ever happen.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
Splatoon sequel confirmed!

Nintendo handheld division merged with console division on one platform is going to be a force to be reckoned with (even without massive third part support).

Kinsei

Banned
It looks great! I'm so happy King Boo is finally coming back to Mario Kart. I loved using him in DD and Wii.

When we getting the full reveal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom