• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator NYC - Finally the Circus is back in the Garden!

Fox318

BMMA_2017_PPV_1920x1080_V2.jpg

The Card
Main card (Bellator PPV at 10 p.m. ET)

Chael Sonnen (205.8) vs. Wanderlei Silva (205.8)
Fedor Emelianenko (236.4) vs. Matt Mitrione (256.6)
Michael Chandler (153.8) vs. Brent Primus (154.2)
Douglas Lima (170) vs. Lorenz Larkin
Aaron Pico (156) vs. Zach Freeman (155.8)

Undercard (Spike TV at 8 p.m. ET)

Phil Davis (204.8) vs. Ryan Bader (204.4)
James Gallagher (144.4) vs. Chinzo Machida (146)
Neiman Gracie (170.4) vs. Dave Marfone (170.4)
Heather Hardy (125.2) vs. Alice Yauger (125.6)

Undercard (MMA Fighting at 6 p.m. ET)

Ryan Couture (168.8) vs. Haim Gozali (169.2)
Jerome Mickle vs. Anthony Giacchina
John Salgado (168.2) vs. Hugh McKenna (168.8)
Matt Rizzo (133.6) vs. Sergio da Silva (137.6) (catchweight was 130 pounds)
Bradley Desir vs. Nate Grebb (155.4)

Watch official weigh ins now:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/23/15858550/bellator-nyc-weigh-in-video

Camwi

Why is Sonnen fighting Fedor, and Silva fighting Mitrione?

EDIT - And Chandler fighting Lima? This is nuts!

Joking, btw. Dumb poster.

Camwi

I see Larkin taking the belt. Dude looked like a fucking world-beater in his last UFC fight. Shame he didn't get a new contract there.

I think Sonnen curls into a ball, he's a huge bitch.

Benefited from roids more than Wand.

There is like 6 fights on the card better than the main and co-main

MastAndo

Never been to a live MMA event, and have been following ticket prices for this one. They're pretty steep, so unfortunately, I can't convince any of my friends to go. Perhaps they'll drop again tomorrow...I recently bought Berto vs Porter tickets the day of the event at Barclays for dirt cheap, and they were pretty good seats to boot.

Fox318

Never been to a live MMA event, and have been following ticket prices for this one. They're pretty steep, so unfortunately, I can't convince any of my friends to go. Perhaps they'll drop again tomorrow...I recently bought Berto vs Porter tickets the day of the event at Barclays for dirt cheap, and they were pretty good seats to boot.

I got floor seats for 170 each.

RBH

Goldberg-Ranallo.jpg

Bellator have revealed exactly how newly-signed commentators Maura Ranallo and Mike Goldberg will contribute to their debut event in Madison Square Garden this weekend.

Mauro Ranallo, former play-by-play announcer for Strikeforce and the WWE, will lead the Bellator NYC pay-per-view portion of the broadcast alongside colour commentator Jimmy Smith, with Mike Goldberg hosting the the desk for the broadcast. Earlier in the evening at the Bellator 180 portion of the event, the roles will be reversed with Goldberg on play-by-play duties and Ranallo hosting the broadcast. Smith will pull double duty in his colour commentary for both sections of the event.

Sean Grande, who has served as play-by-play announcer for Bellator for two years, announced that he was leaving Bellator recently — a move which expedited the announcement of Goldberg and Ranallo as being the latest free agents to ink a deal with Scott Coker.

We always talk about how grueling the clinch is. I mean Joe did, we used to.

Goldie silently sobbing inside while insisting "This is gonna be good! Good Bellator, good!"

Heel

Yeah, great fight. Mickle looked pretty deflated on the last few takedowns, head was getting bounced off the canvas.

Nice prelims so far.

Top Bottom