• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben 10 has just been trucking along for the past 16 years huh?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Ive never seen the show, ive always know About it, but i was not interested in cartoons as a teenager in 05. I read an article recently about a spin off that was being developed, and thought “huh, that show from 15 years ago?” To my fucking surprise, it has remained popular for the past 16 years, and there have been like 5 different ben 10 tv shows and tv movies. Im probably not gonna watch it, but its amazing that this series has existed for so long and ive known so little about it. Where as other shows have small loud fan bases, this one must be quiet, but numerous

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I have no real idea what it is, but I still see the name attached to stuff like videogames.

The original was pretty good for a kids show. There was a sequel where he was a teenager, and it was even better. They managed to make it both a good comedy and drama at times. Once that ended I stopped paying attention, and I think the art for the more recent series is hideous so I have trouble giving it a fair chance, so I haven't checked it out yet. Cartoon art took a turn for the ugly recently.

Edit: Basically its an action show with some humor that appeals to kids and adults. Main characters act their age through out the series, which I would say is in contrast to a lot of cartoons aimed at kids and young adults. In the series where Ben is a kid you hear him saying things a kid would say, or having a kid's attitude about things.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I remember it coming on and laughing at the cliche action lines that would pop up: "ultimate!" "play time is over!" It reminds me of that Billy & Manny episode which parodies cheap action anime and the characters' catch phrase "extreme to the max!"

Neolombax

I actually followed the original series through to the part when he became a teenager. After that they had a soft reboot? The latest iteration I don't like so much, seemed more goofy. The original had more action in it. My son loves the series, though he also seems to prefer the original Ben 10. The alien designs were better back then and had way better animation, something akin to the style of those DC cartoon series/movies.

ParaSeoul

The original series was pretty good,the follow ups in the same continuity were also good. If they kept up the quality they could have easily made it even bigger but for some reason they decided to reboot it into a baby show even thought the older shows were gradually maturing with audience.

Top Bottom