• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben 10 (Outright Games/Torus Games) coming to Switch/PS4/XBO at retail in Q4 2017

81s%2BmYmWCqL.jpg
91S7F2YF%2BAL.jpg
91AtmA6yARL.jpg

It's $39.99 on all systems (yay no Switch tax).

Thanks to Infernal Monkey in the US box thread.

Amazon's now put up the game for all three systems, and honestly, I think it looks surprisingly decent:

Torus is confirmed via AusVGClassifications. Torus have had a very rough track record, specifically under Little Orbit (who Outright appear to be the successor of) with titles such as How to Train Your Dragon 2 (all systems) and Turbo (Wii, 3DS, and DS). They did make decent games prior like Indy 500 Wii (I remember hearing it was decent at least).

Outright also have an Adventure Time game coming in Q1 2018.

Who knows if this will be any good, but visually it's at least promising. Best of luck Outright, you'll need it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A Ben Ten game under a competent developer would be amazing---like, if Platinum did one based on the original series I'd buy that in a second.

dot

the hell happened to ben 10 and why does he look 5 years old lol

the original series was my jam back in the day

yencid

I actually watch omniverse on hulu pretty often. Pretty solid series and would have been my pick for a faithful adaptation. hate that they rebooted.

Did they reboot it again with an even worse art style than the last one and I missed it?

Cause this looks like they're just trying to slap the TTG aesthetic on everything.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Original Ben Ten was pretty awesome looking back.

All the original Aliens had a decent role to fill, and the variety of voice actors involved for each was great---in the newer series iirc like Dee Bradley Baker voices a ton of them. In the original each Alien had its own voice actor basically and they were some big name dudes.

The element of the road-trip and running into different monsters each time was neat, and so much better than the sequel series which tied EVERYTHING into ALIENS, ALIENS, ALIENS.

Only negatives about the original series was the humor was pretty hit-and-miss, but it was one of my favorite shows. The television movie, not the live-action one but the animated one with Way Big, was a great "finale".

The sequel where Ben was grown had promise at first, but it didn't---work? They removed the charm of the aliens for the most part, though I liked the designs they took away that random element and they felt more like tools than the characters they were originally, and I disliked the focus on "drama" and such. Also this is when ALIENS, ALIENS, ALIENS became a thing. I liked the idea of Ben Ten mainly fighting earth-based monsters, it was novel.

I watched a few episodes of Omniverse and found it a bit better, liked the return of humor but perhaps it took it a bit too far?

The newest reboot just looks, well, bad.

Top Bottom