• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserkers are POS in Ragnarok!

Git Gud Op. I have some visual impairment and the situation will probably degrade more as time passes and even I defeated the Berserkers and their King on Give Me God of War difficulty. If there is a will, there is a way.

thegame983

There is no point in not waiting until you are level 9 before taking on these hard optional bosses.

I've seen some cool build videos on youtube however I found a fully leveled sutr armour set the best (all bonus are good and passive ie you don't need to do anything to activate them)

Once I transitioned to this I beat them reasonably easily

That's the problem with playing GOW on the lowest difficulty setting. The game at the lowest difficultly, especially “story” mode, doesn't teach you to use any of your skills, runic attacks or even to parry properly because you don't have to during general gameplay. Just swinging your axe about is perfectly adequate… until you get to the optional bosses, and they wreck your shit in two hits or nuke your health with bifrost attacks.
This! The beserkers are like sekiro bosses they demand that know all the basics I.e. block, parrying, dodge, axe throw and guard break. If aren't at least competent with these basics then your gonna struggle.

gow3isben

I made the mistake of fighting lightning guy on No Mercy at level 4. The best way to deal with him - it is bizarre to say - was actually with my bare fists. I kept wailing and parrying on him building stun until I took a bar of his health with a stun. It took multiple cycles of reaching full stun until I finally got it done. This was before I was fully comfortable with Ragnarok combat too so it was a harder fight than Gna or the King. I beat both of them at level 8 in about 90 minutes each.

Still hardest is still Sigrun on normal at level 7. I doubt normal would be much different than hard as she still two shotted me and I had to be perfect to win.

yurinka

Sorry for this rant post, but those berserkers are so fucking annoying! I am playing on GIVE ME A STORY and still they just never die! The fucking health takes thousand strikes to lose a fucking millimeter!
Leave them for later.

Optional top tier bosses like Berserks and Gna are designed to face them in the end game, once you completed the game and explored the map so you leveled up enough to highly increase your health and rage bar, found better armor and weapon items and leveled enough to increase your strength, defense etc. stats enough, unlocked more useful special attacks and level them enough, etc.

Also when facing them make sure you choose your proper build that gives you the more appropiate stats, attacks, etc for that particular fight. Then think about the best fitting and more effective attack patterns and when each one is better and in which order. Also, obviously learn to block and evade properly.

I platinumed the game and got the 100% after 92 hours of playing the game. I killed only one before completing the main story, and left most of them until I completed pretty much not only the story but also most secondary/optional stuff. By doing that and facing them in the appropiate moment and with the appropiate tools, it's a 1 or 2 minutes fight each.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I made the mistake of fighting lightning guy on No Mercy at level 4. The best way to deal with him - it is bizarre to say - was actually with my bare fists. I kept wailing and parrying on him building stun until I took a bar of his health with a stun. It took multiple cycles of reaching full stun until I finally got it done. This was before I was fully comfortable with Ragnarok combat too so it was a harder fight than Gna or the King. I beat both of them at level 8 in about 90 minutes each.

Still hardest is still Sigrun on normal at level 7. I doubt normal would be much different than hard as she still two shotted me and I had to be perfect to win.
Shes level 9 so you probably shouldve leveled up before taking her on. She must have been purple bar at that level.

You shouldve used the Lunda Chest piece armor if you wanted to fight with bare hands. It poisons the boss and bring them down one level letting you do more damage.

All these boss fights should only be tackled when they have green bars. The game doesnt want you to finish them before the story ends. Some only appear afterwards. Trying out these fights at level 4 is simply needless. Yellow which means they are on par with your current level is ok, but on harder difficulties it can be a challenge.

Sorry for this rant post, but those berserkers are so fucking annoying! I am playing on GIVE ME A STORY and still they just never die! The fucking health takes thousand strikes to lose a fucking millimeter!

I noticed this in many bosses! Why making it so fucking long! You want a long fight, design it so that is long and fun, not ducking annoying that the fucking boss doesn’t lower any health and he kills you in one hit even in fucking very easy mode!

Who the fuck designed this shit?? Why did they fucking put an easy mode if it’s worth shit!

And it’s not just the berserkers. My father is not a gamer at all but enjoyed god of war 2018 playing it in give me a story. This time is having a hard time completing the story because he keeps dying, something that didn’t happen in the last game.

I don’t care if they put extremely hard bosses for the hardcore but if I’m playing in EASY mode is because I don’t want to stress over a fucking boss!
Damn dude! I didn't know you were that guy from Polygon who was playing DOOM 2016. So glad to have you here!

Top Bottom