• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade is 20-40 hrs, hard mode, no DLC, no MTX at launch.

That's gonna be at least 60 for me.

I never understood how people are able to complete 40-50-60 hour games 5-7 days after release, you either A) have to rush through things, B) Have no job, no girlfriend/wife, no other obligations besides playing Vidya all day long, C) limited sleep time, I mean, heck, I've been reading posts all over the intrawebs of people completing FF7RE rebirth...3 days after it's release, fookin' hell, why rush through things ?

Anyway, I can already see the upcoming patches:
- Remove film grain toggle (2-3 weeks after release tops).
- Photo mode (mid-summer).
- NG+ (fuck knows)

I'm at 95 hours on Chapter 9 (out of 14) of FF7: Rebirth. lol
And that's having skipped some minigame stuff.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Pretty sure every mode is hard mode.
I will certainly be hard regardless of the mode.

erection GIF

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

I never understood how people are able to complete 40-50-60 hour games 5-7 days after release, you either A) have to rush through things, B) Have no job, no girlfriend/wife, no other obligations besides playing Vidya all day long, C) limited sleep time, I mean, heck, I've been reading posts all over the intrawebs of people completing FF7RE rebirth...3 days after it's release, fookin' hell, why rush through things ?

- NG+ (fuck knows)
Kinda ruins things considering how long we wait for banger games. Like I have a backlog but geez I'm not gonna rush through a game I've waited years for

John Bilbo

Loved everything except for this:

Nah this ain't it. For as violent as the cutscenes are, Eve's deaths are so ridiculously tame, to the point where it looks stupid. When you die, Eve basically gets smacked, she stumbles a bit and goes "Agh!" and then it immediately cuts to black saying you're dead. It's so awkward and clumsy. Nobody honesty cares if player deaths are 1 second or 5 seconds long. You've got all these crazy ass aliens with chainsaws for heads, boulders for hands, swords for arms, and there's no death animations for Eve. Gnarly death animations are a lost art and I wish the game had them.

If Eve could die in over the top gorey ways (like RE4 or Dead Space), this game would be so fucking metal.
That's a good point. Resident Evil 4 had some great death animations back in the day.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I think I walked up to the line of getting banned there in the stellar blade thread. Not gonna push it further with that mod team but pushed back on them trying to pigeonhole every attractive character into having to be an infallible girlboss who talks down to every male.

If they cross forum monitor and will punish me for saying this here? Whatever I can screenshot their ridiculousness and hypocrisy either way.

I wish we had E3 live shows still. Would love to see the crowd thunderously applauding for this while someone from Kotaku and these consulting firms folded their arms and shook their head in the sea of cheers
That would indeed be worth the price of admission. Anytime a woke retard has a meltdown over beautiful women portrayed in games is definitely a thing of beauty to behold.

Gexxy1

Loved everything except for this:

Nah this ain't it. For as violent as the cutscenes are, Eve's deaths are so ridiculously tame, to the point where it looks stupid. When you die, Eve basically gets smacked, she stumbles a bit and goes "Agh!" and then it immediately cuts to black saying you're dead. It's so awkward and clumsy. Nobody honesty cares if player deaths are 1 second or 5 seconds long.
I'm going to be dying a lot so I definitely care.

DelireMan7

I don't get hard mode lock behind completion.

Anyway normal mode looks fine in the demo, taking account it's the beginning of the game. Boss were giving a decent challenge without being too punishing.

Jurry132

Neo Member

- NG+ (fuck knows)
For 95% of the people it is going to be option B lol.
Also never understood why people feel the need to rush through games.

Lunnarre

Neo Member
Damn I was hoping for a hard mode at launch. Demo felt a little easy on normal even in the skin suit.

Fbh

was hoping for hard mode from first playthrough...

Same.
Although based on the demo at least normal mode seems to offer some challenge since I died a few times. It's not like FFXVI where you are forced to play on very easy your first playthrough.
I'd be nice if hard mode was like in Platinum games where they actually change up the encounters and add stronger late-game enemies into the earlier areas, it helps make the second playthrough feel more varied.

Top Bottom