• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and worst character redesigns?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
... do some people even understand what a REdesign is in here? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Worst has to be this:
BanjoKazooieN%26B2.jpg

There's a lot of "best" examples. Samus from Metroid Dread comes to mind.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I hate when people bring up devil may cry none of those designs were ever good in the first place
Dante himself is just Septhiroth mixed with Vash from Trigun he's the poochy of video games

I can't even think of a good redesign art direction has gone to shit over the last 15 years

but the worst has to be this y2k edgelord fucker I went from the biggest sonic fan to fuck that shit overnight

SA_character_Sonic.png

skit_data

I didn’t like the redesign of Samus suit in Metroid Fusion. I think it looks horrible. Thankfully she gets her original Chozo suit back in the end and it looks really badass in Metroid Dread.

Ebidramon

Banned
I'm not in the mood to link pictures (just google them, if you don't know what they look like), but I always thought that Cyborg Ninja Raiden in MGS4 was awesome "redesign" of Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox, and in MGR it became one of the coolest designed game protagonists in history.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m not attached to these characters so I appreciate the redesigns. It used to be a character was a beacon for the consoles brand, Mario carried the torch for Nintendo forever. Characters aren’t supposed to change. Microsoft wasn’t trying to change Master Chief. Look at Kratos, legendary character. That’s a good change for the best.

I hate when people bring up devil may cry none of those designs were ever good in the first place
Dante himself is just Septhiroth mixed with Vash from Trigun he's the poochy of video games

I can't even think of a good redesign art direction has gone to shit over the last 15 years

but the worst has to be this y2k edgelord fucker I went from the biggest sonic fan to fuck that shit overnight

SA_character_Sonic.png
Ironically, it's that "edgyness" that made me like Modern Sonic and being edgy was part of Sonic's marketing since the very beggining so. it's just that classic was edgy for 90's standards, and modern is edgy for 2000's standards.

Then again I do love Y2K anime aesthetics so I absolutely love the thick-graffiti lines, eat shitting grin and exagerated poses Uekawa gave him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom