• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and worst movie studio logos/intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Man

I said wow
How can people not like the THX intros !

Azmj0Yz.gif

Because they're dissonant and obnoxious? I always hate having to sit through them in the theater.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm also rather fond of this Miramax variation, despite being a little outdated at this point.

M8zmPm.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That's a great one, and it helps that A24 is quickly becoming the most interesting distributor around.
Indeed, they've released a lot of good stuff lately.

[edit]

I think I've only ever seen this one at the start of Lady Snowblood.
kpN218kl.jpg

but I love it because it was used in Kill Bill.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
My favorite is the 90s Universal logo.

Surely you don't mean the late-'90s one that debuted with The Lost World: Jurassic Park? I rejoiced when that eye poison was replaced for the 100th anniversary.

Cosmozone

Worst is Dreamworks with that super-annoying boy fishing. Horrible pseudo-"romantic" theme. Has Spielberg come up with that idea or what. Also, that Universal logo that looked like a nuclear war outbreak.

As several of the previous posters, I like the current Disney logo best. Great look and full of details. I also always thought that incorporating a film reel somehow is fitting nicely. Constantin Film's logo does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom