• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and worst state flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
BertramCooper said:
670px-Flag_of_Virginia.svg.png

Is she holding a giant dildo? :lol
:lol :lol :lol Not to mention her tit could pass as a mans nip.. But hey, she is a virgin (right?)...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
BertramCooper said:
It's a valid argument, but I hardly ever see the Texas flag get the same criticism.

proabably because ours was a nations flag first so we can get away with looking like it.

LQX

If there was a quiz on which of those flags are from US states or Europe/Arab countries I would fail. At least the name is on some of them but I have never even seen many of them to be honest.

Kazuya

mre said:
I'm a fan of Alabama's for its simplicity:

Flag_of_Alabama2.gif
That picture is not working for me.
(lol)

Okay so I'm not in the USA but I might as well post the flag of my province. Although I'm not flemish, this is where I live
744px-Flag_of_Flanders.svg.png

A lion, fuck yeah

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
BertramCooper said:
I like Alabama's too, but it loses points in my book because it's identical to St. Patrick's Flag.

Plus, it's better than our first flag, which was admittedly unique for having two sides:

session_flag.gif

flag_al2.gif

Also, I don't think Stooge knows what Ireland's flag looks like.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
mre said:
Also, I don't think Stooge knows what Ireland's flag looks like.

I didn't say it was the Irish flag, but the cross of St. Patrick represents Ireland and is used in the Union Jack to represent Ireland as well.

I just said you stole it from them.

Wthermans

Banned
Veidt said:
wtf looks like an MS paint version of the EU flag.

http://www.euro.cauce.org/images/flags/eu-flag.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

More like the EU flag looks like an MS paint version of Alaska's flag. Although Alaska's flag was designed by a 13 year old. :o

Brinbe

TheLastCandle said:
I've always hated the flag of my state, Pennsylvania. Thing just looks like poop.

I suggest a flag with a big keystone and a hand flipping you off inside it. Sounds about right.
Ya know, I've never really sat down to take a good look at it till now (and I've lived there for 10+ years) and God, it really does suck. I do like your suggestion though, very appropriate. :lol

Ontario isn't too bad at least.

JBaird said:
The Texas flag was made before Texas joined the United States.
Nation or not, it still borrows heavily from the U.S. flag. There's really no denying that.

Wthermans said:
Tennessee's flag is just damn boring.
Tennessee's is actually one of my favorites. I always thought the circle was supposed to look like a cannonball, but I don't think that's right.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
StoOgE said:
I didn't say it was the Irish flag, but the cross of St. Patrick represents Ireland and is used in the Union Jack to represent Ireland as well.

I just said you stole it from them.

Pish, posh, and poppycock. Let me quote myself: "The St. Patrick's flag is a red saltire on a white field. Alabama's is a crimson cross of St. Andrew on a field of white."

BOOM!

Wthermans

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Nation or not, it still borrows heavily from the U.S. flag. There's really no denying that.

Tennessee's is actually one of my favorites. I always thought the circle was supposed to look like a cannonball, but I don't think that's right.
Naw the circle is just to signify the unity of the Grand Divisions while the stars represent the Divisions themselves.

It's a better flag than the others that were proposed, but just kinda boring (and used in far too many corporations based in the state) now.

BertramCooper said:
Virginia Lady should let it borrow her dildo.

Funny, because I am probably gonna get a tattoo of the "classic" Texas state flag and the "classic" Virginia state flag/emblem. :lol

To everyone saying "communist" like an insult, I always found communist art(propaganda) pretty awesome. The grandeur most of it has fits perfectly on a flag, something that's supposed to make you feel proud, nationalist, powerful.

Of all the flags posted up till now, the New Mexico flag from the OP and the South Carolina flag are my favorite. Simple, yet recognizable and unique. The stars/stripes variations aren't ugly per se, but boring as hell.

Souldriver said:
To everyone saying "communist" like an insult, I always found communist art(propaganda) pretty awesome. The grandeur most of it has fits perfectly on a flag, something that's supposed to make you feel proud, nationalist, powerful.
it is ironic since Arizona are full of republicans who hate

I agree with you that Communist propaganda stuff like flags, anthems and statues are aesthetically cool looking.
I don't agree with Commies at all but I do admire their propaganda art

non american here nevertheless we have a pretty cool flag (IMO).

The Styrian Flag (the green color stands for the "green" heart of austria as we are full of trees and stuff)
800px-Flag_of_Steiermark_%28state%29.svg.png

Korey

Actually the California flag has been updated since the previous one posted:

FLzPB.jpg

Look how modern and bold that sans-serif font is! Just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom