• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Ear Buds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra next week and I know that typically, the ear buds that are included with the players are usually crap.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good set of ear buds, not headphones (I'm deaf in my left ear so wearing headphones is pointless, I'd rather just have 1 bud in my right ear). I don't want el-cheapo buds, but nothing over $100.

Any reccomendations would be great.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The best is well over $100...

Here are my top 3 sub $100. All of which are Sony...and I don't like Sony all that much. But I got to give them props on these:

MDR-E888LP
mdr-ed228lp(1).gif

*Note* That's the first run version shown. They no longer ship w/ those ear canal ends (found out why on a very cold day a couple weeks ago). Without those ends, they kind of suck. I have enough pairs to swap out the end pieces... At least I did. Anyone know where/how to get extras?

MDR-EX71SL
minidisco-store_1825_1603216

I got these two years ago. Loved them when I got them because of the noise cancelling and the bass response. Then after a while, I found them to be too low in regards to overall volume. Could've been the ear wax that built up in the microfibre inside, but whatever the cause, it was enough for me to no longer fuck w/ them any more.

These sound like the ones I first posted, but they're discontinued. Most bang for the buck if you can track them down. www.etronics.com is where I got my last pair. I don't have the model # with me, but will update this when I get back home.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DigDugDirkDiggler said:
I'm getting a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra next week and I know that typically, the ear buds that are included with the players are usually crap.

Welcome to the family!

The buds that come with it are REALLY good. Alot better than the $30 Maxell phones I have. Try them before you buy a new pair.

I recently bought some Sharp HP-MD33S canalphones for my Creative Muvo2. They have surprising bass for the price and size and fairly even sound all around. I paid $50 shipped over at audiocubes.com for them.

The right phone cord is longer than the right so that should also be a consideration.

Tsubaki

MDR-EX71SL
minidisco-store_1825_1603216

I got these out of a recommendation from someone, and I'd really have to say that they changed my outlook on what earbuds are like. When I first received them, I didn't quite understand why everything was so quiet and how the sound was not isolated. Then I realized you have to pop them inside your ear so they fit totally snug, containing all the sound between the buds and your eardrums.

Then it's like the entire world is blocked out and you find aural pleasure.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Fresh Prince said:
Sen Mx400s\500s

In ear - Shure E2, Sharp MD-33

Sennheiser MX 400/500's are great. They only cost about 25 dollars and they are some of the best sounding ear buds you could get. Definately best bang for your buck.

I had a pair of the Sennheisers then I upgraded to pair of Sony MDR-888's. They are good, way better than any of those in ear Sony ones in terms of sound quality. I don't know if Sony makes 888's anymore though.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Had the Sony EX71s, then moved up to Shure e2Cs and never looked back.

My advice; skip the EX71s and go straight for some Shure e2Cs and save yourself some money. Or get some etymotic 6is if you have money to spend.

number386

javascript:SizeWindow('/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/650x650/MDRNC11.jpg')[IMG]

I use the MDR NC11 they are the ultimate bud type earphones. They are very expensive at $150 but I take the noisy train and commute to work so they are well worth it for me. It's weird getting used to how most of the sounds get blocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom