• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Free Message Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnjtony

My buddy had a phpnuke site a while back. It got hacked...badly. I put some security shit on it...it still got hacked and hasn't been touched in a few months now. He emailed me today asking what could be done and I suggested to him that he just put up a message board and leave it at that since that's pretty much what people went there for and any articles or reviews he would want to write, he could use the board software.

He's my question...I haven't been doing any website creating/designing/building in a couple years and was wanting to know what the most customizable forum script is out there these days. I have to assume they'd still be php. I know i've used invision power board and phpBB back in the day but is there something better now?

What do you suggest...and it needs to be free. I have hosting available, just need the board software.

demi

Free? You could go with PHPbb. Don't know much free boards, Invision was great, but they have that silly trial now.

pnjtony

yeah, I don't plan on going with anything really...just need a board....he wouldn't know what to do with a whole site anyways so a forum is fine for him...I just remember there being so many other free forum scripts out there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom