• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Game Demo (ever)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh, the Raptor: Call of the Shadows shareware too. Great game, and quite an enticing first sector.

Spent a lot of time fiddling around with the Skate 3 demo. Wanted to buy it, but I never got around to doing so. Shame they haven't done any ports, or a Skate 4.

Niosai

Unreal Tournament 2004. That demo was so good. Some of the best maps from the full game (ONS-Torlan, ohhhh so good), pretty much all the weapons and vehicles AND multiplayer included too! The perfect demo package.
I actually only ever played the demo for UT2004. So many hours in it. I ended up moving on and buying UT3. It was....alright.

Mr_L

The Stanley Parable

Brilliance.

Came here to say this. I really appreciate when a dev goes out of their way to create something both representative of the game itself and also not have any of the actual game's events.

That said, the Just Cause 2 mentions are on point. Hours of entertainment. It convinced me to buy the game, if only to support the devs. I mean, I did play a lot of the full game, but still.

Tagyhag

Yo they made the logo like this specifically to not have people call it Run Escape.

wlpc8cmwod6y.png

Yeah, goddamn autocorrect. :p

Unreal Tournament 2004. That demo was so good. Some of the best maps from the full game (ONS-Torlan, ohhhh so good), pretty much all the weapons and vehicles AND multiplayer included too! The perfect demo package.

This. It was actually too good. Many people just played the demo for years

Top Bottom