• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Game Openers

Greedings

If you can move your character even slightly you have control. Logic. Stop making shit up just to hate it. By your lack of logic, just moving forward means that all walking sims have no control. Also from 1 hour we have now reached the conclusion that it's 10 minutes huh? And now those 10 minutes are also too long? Not being aggressive, your points are null. You can hate the intro but stop making things up about being an hour long or not having control. Also the thread is about posting your favorite openings not lying and disregarding people's preferences. I had to call you out.

Jesus christ, it's like trying to discuss something with a fedora wearing atheist who just attended high school philosophy.

Jesus christ, it's like trying to discuss something with a fedora wearing atheist who just attended high school philosophy.

Good comeback my dude. Appreciate the discussion. I will purchase a fedora and tip my hat in your honor. Not sure if I can grow a neckbeard tho but I'll try.

nkarafo

Waking up in Portal 2

Escaping the space station and entering a quiet/eerie Zebes in Super Metroid

Reaching Silent Hill in Silent Hill 2

Exploring outside the castle in Super Mario 64

ruvikx

Banned
Mass Effect 2's slow opening (i.e. whereby the player has very little input beyond watching the same cutscene unfold whilst occasionally pushing forward to move through the burning ship) is made worse because the character creation scene only occurs once Shepard has been recreated by Miranda & Cerberus, ergo to see what a custom Shepard looks like in-game you need to restart the game every time you're not happy with the face creation.

If they'd placed the character creator at the beginning, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Top Bottom