• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Introduction to all of the Characters During the Beginning of a Movie?

Travo

What is the best way you've seen characters of a movie introduced to an audience right at the beginning of a movie? I'm watching The Goonies and I love how the movies shows us every Goonie while the Fratellis are running from the police. We get Data trying out a new gadget and almost getting ran over. We see Steph's tomboyish side. Chunk getting too excited and splattering his face with his drink. Mouth gets sprayed in the face while the chase happens in the background. It's a fun introduction. What about you guys? Have a favorite?

Jigolo

file_198151_0_Full_Metal_Jacket_R_Lee_Ermey.jpg

Full Metal Jacket easily the best

Aliens

"Looking into my eyes"
"Who's snow white?"
"Have you ever mistaken for a men?"
"No. Have you?"

God damn I can quote the whole first half.

Reservoir Dogs is pretty good.

Thought it hadn't been posted. So, so glad that it did.

This is the benchmark for this thread, to me.

Edit: high water mark would be the better way to say it. I can't think of anything from the top of my head that so clearly lays it out, and with such style.

TissueBox

The Big Short was fun.

Oh and Boogie Nights, by sheer sweetness of that first take. (Most of the main cast anyway.)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
*Baba O'Riley*

Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation. It all started in the summer of '86.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Connor MacLeod beheading a dude in a parking lot while 80s golden era Pro Wrestling happens above.

Highlander.

RzPzppG.jpg

UhwyACz.jpg

Also, the introduction of the villain in 13 Assassins is so effective that you spend the rest of the movie demanding loudly that he get his comeuppance as quickly as possible.

XQHg9rh.jpg

Gilzor

Serenity is absolutely wonderful at this. The opening several minutes, and the way it keeps pulling the rug from under you as it sets up both the story and introduces the various key players, is so underrated.

fr0st

Banned
Jk Simmons in whiplash

Misread the title lol

But there relationship between him and Miles teller is set immediately.

Top Bottom