• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best of luck, Scorcho. [Sadly passed. RIP, Scorcho.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, I came across the same thing a day or two ago trying to find out if the family's got any specific donation requests.

Anybody have any connection to the family and have some idea?
It's a nice thought but I think it's best if we let them be. It should stay private. If anyone ever visits the site they will know he was wished well from this and other threads.

Cyan

Banned
It's a nice thought but I think it's best if we let them be. It should stay private. If anyone ever visits the site they will know he was wished well from this and other threads.

No no, I definitely don't mean contacting them in some way. It's not uncommon, when someone dies in this sort of circumstance, for the family to request donations to a particular charity in their name. That's all I'm asking about.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Oh okay, now I get it. I guess it would require more information from close friends or family to determine.

Mr. Robot

Oh man, this is sad! i never interacted with him, but i remember Scorchos username and realize that i read some of his threads where he talked about death and his health problems, this kind of things makes me value life even more, sucks that he went away so young...

commedieu

Banned
He took it head on. That's admirable. Poor family, man. I remember making fun of his avatar ages ago. I didn't put the name with the avatar until I saw the black ribbon.

Thread was eye openingly sad, but happy its over.

I can't imagine.

lvclix

Banned
You're still missed dood. I was reading a poli-gaf thread about French taxes and saw a Scorcho post. I was hoping against hope this cancer thing was a hoax and he was back. Sadly the date/time stamp removed hope. Still...had to check just in case. 2013 will be poorer for your absence.

You're still missed dood. I was reading a poli-gaf thread about French taxes and saw a Scorcho post. I was hoping against hope this cancer thing was a hoax and he was back. Sadly the date/time stamp removed hope. Still...had to check just in case. 2013 will be poorer for your absence.

Yep, I saw the same post felt sad. Also in a different thread today someone linked to an old thread as an example of something and it was a gaborn thread :(

I saw that too. Heart kinda skipped a beat.
Gonna make a donation under Scorcho at some point during this marathon next week: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=506004
If anyone wanted to donate to a prevent cancer charity, now's as good a time as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom