• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PSP accessories?

CryptiK

I just recently got a PSP 3000 and its fantastic. Now I wanna protect it and utilise it the best I can. There are all sorts of different brands of starter kits and protection kits but I dunno which brands are dodgy and which are fine. I say an official PSP protection Kit that was 20AUD but didn't know if was any good, has anyone had experience with it? I also want to get an incar charger hand grip and possibly a battery life expansion. Any suggestions?

Gravijah

Not really related, but I love the little black case that comes with it. Works like a charm for me.

Mejilan said:
Real answer: Pandora Battery
Serious answer: Sony's stamina extended battery and Hori's screen protectors are all good investments. To store the PSP, I happily use the pouch it came with.

Yes, the pouch! So awesome.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Serious answer: Sony's stamina extended battery and Hori's screen protectors are all good investments. To store the PSP, I happily use the pouch it came with.

just use car polish (3M hand glaze) to remove scratches on the screen/finish. it works great

component cables! playing prinny on a tv is awesome

entremet

Mejilan said:
Do they still come with pouches? I haven't seen them in a while.

Mejilan

entrement said:
Do they still come with pouches? I haven't seen them in a while.
Probably not. I vaguely recall ordering a kit from Amazon years ago that included the official pouch and wrist strap.

Probably when I went from a 1000 to a 2000.

CryptiK said:
I also want to get an incar charger hand grip and possibly a battery life expansion.
Don't even bother with anything but the official Sony Stamina Battery. And buy it from an actual Sony store (or at least a very reputable website). 99% of PSP batteries out there are worthless fakes (as in sub-two hours on a full charge) that look almost exactly like real Sony things and, believe me, it isn't worth trying anything other than the real thing.

robox

there's no official pouch for the 3000. i tried looking for one. nor 2000 either, i don't think.
only ones i see are for the go.
the pouches for the 1000 are too big and the slim models slip out pretty easily.
ended up getting an hk pouch for 2 bucks and i still feel a little bit gypped. by the quality. my previous hk pouch was passable, but now, they aren't even trying anymore, since there's no competition against the official one.

Edgeward

I just got a pouch off of play-asia since most of the ones here are too bulky and ugly looking most times. Most of pretty cheap too, even with the cost of shipping. I really wanted the PaRappa pouch though, but those things are sold out and a little expensive for me on other stores ;_;.

I grabbed the official protection kit. It came with a travel case for the PSP (which holds 2 games), two rubber sleeves for UMDs, a car charger, and several screen protectors. It was only $20 here in Canada, so it's probably even cheaper in the US.

Mejilan said:

Pandora no workie on 3000 ;)

I will backup and highly recommend the official Sony extended life battery. For 1000 models it's relatively worthless since it hardly adds more than 30-45 minutes at most, but with 2000 and 3000 it nearly doubles the already great battery life. Absolutely worth the $30 I spent on it a couple of weeks ago.

Otherwise, Hori screen protectors and this case (which has the PSP nestled improperly in the pic).

Also also, a nice, big memory stick if you plan on doing any PSN downloads or your FW is 5.03 and allows you to rip your game ISOs to it for easier play, faster loading and better battery life.

Mejilan

hikarutilmitt said:
Pandora no workie on 3000 ;)
Yeah, I know. I wanted to work it in somehow but not troll. That's why I included a more serious response directly below.

_dementia said:
Sony stamina battery is awesome

I'm looking to replace the 1800 mAH battery in 2007ish PSP phat. I can't seem to find these anywhere. Sonystyle.com seems to only have the 1200 mAH. Where should I be looking? Can't seem to find them on buy/amazon either.

PSP_Case_B.jpg

PSP Deluxe Game Traveller, other than being a bit like a man purse it's awesome. Plenty of room for games (6 comfortably), cords, earphones, and the unit itself. Not sure if they make them anymore though.

AwRy108

Been a PSP owner since nearly day one, would only recommend three accessories:

1) large MS Pro Duo
2) Logitech PlayGear Pocket case
3) SONY Extended-life Battery with retro-fitted cover (battery is slightly bigger than PSP-2000/3000 form factor.

I bought mine used (for CFW) and it came with a screen protector and a pretty nice soft case.

Would get the Extended Life Battery if it wasn't so expensive. The current battery only lasts like 2 hours, it's really annoying having to charge it often.

Also need to get an 8GB stick... my 4GB is almost full. What do I get, Sony or Sandisk?

I bought that MGS Peace Walker accessory kit for my new 3000, and think it's great. Flip-up face shield with a clear screen protector, camo pouch that's big enough to hold it and a couple of UMDs, and that screen cleaner thing.

Neuromancer said:
PSP_Case_B.jpg

PSP Deluxe Game Traveller, other than being a bit like a man purse it's awesome. Plenty of room for games (6 comfortably), cords, earphones, and the unit itself. Not sure if they make them anymore though.

I have that myself its awesome, I carry around the power supply and some games and never had a problem with something breaking. I bought it at best buy a few years ago.

Top Bottom