• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Release date ever?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I am going to have to go with this game right here... I don't think it can be topped... but if someone can top it please prove me wrong...

Hell Tycoon

Release date June 6th, 2006

6/06/06

Awesome!!!

Blackace

ok so 666 is the mark or the devil and all the jazz so hell tycoon launchs... what the the number 9 have to do with Sega at all?

Gio_CoD

Banned
MORTAL MONDAY!!!!

And I remember when Mortal Kombat II came out they tried to call it Mortal Tuesday and I was just like, "What the fuck? That sounds weird."

GhaleonEB

Blackace said:
ok so 666 is the mark or the devil and all the jazz so hell tycoon launchs... what the the number 9 have to do with Sega at all?

I don't get this thread.

Subject is "Best Release date ever?"

I post what I think that was. 9-9-99 was just a cool sounding release date, and saw the lauch of Sega's last system in the US.

Is there some rule of what qualifies that I'm missing? Does it have to have a catchy name or something? As for what it had to do with Sega: It was the day the Dreamcast lauched. That's it. I still consider it the best release date ever.

Blackace

GhaleonEB said:
I don't get this thread.

Subject is "Best Release date ever?"

I post what I think that was. 9-9-99 was just a cool sounding release date, and saw the lauch of Sega's last system in the US.

Is there some rule of what qualifies that I'm missing? Does it have to have a catchy name or something? As for what it had to do with Sega: It was the day the Dreamcast lauched. That's it. I still consider it the best release date ever.

uh... the date relates to the launch... not the best thing launch on a date... but a launch date the directly relates to the product launch.. egro 666 for a crappy tycoon game based in hell

Blackace

FortNinety said:
Seriously, is there any other valid answer?

yeah..there is...but I give up on explaining it..

I would have said 9-9-99 too, but that Hell Tycoon date kills it.

BECAUSE THE NUMBERS IN THE DATE ARE THEMATICALLY RELATED TO THE THING BEING RELEASED, PEOPLE

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Best release date right now has to be TBA 2006, man theres so many awesome games coming out that day.

dkromero1lp.jpg

Rembember 4-22-2000

Blackace

PuertoRicanJuice said:
It may be thematically related...but its 6/6/06

That screws it up.

9.9.99 is perfect.

no..

06/06/06

conker

Banned
No, It's 06/06/2006

Y2K compliant, bitches.

EVERY form I see - on paper or on the web - that still uses a 2 digit year PISSES me off

conker said:
No, It's 06/06/2006

Y2K compliant, bitches.

EVERY form I see - on paper or on the web - that still uses a 2 digit year PISSES me off

Then grow up and get a grip on yourself.

Anyways, the best date is 9-9-99 ofcourse. =)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Blackace said:
I am going to have to go with this game right here... I don't think it can be topped... but if someone can top it please prove me wrong...

Hell Tycoon

Release date June 6th, 2006

6/06/06

Awesome!!!

Okay so that means the real release date is 6/07/06?

Solo

Werent like MGS4, HL2, Halo 2, and Metroid Prime 2 released all on the same week?
Fuck day, best release week ever!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
the year 20XX said:
BECAUSE THE NUMBERS IN THE DATE ARE THEMATICALLY RELATED TO THE THING BEING RELEASED, PEOPLE
:lol Took 26 posts...Looks like the boards are coming down with an acute case of dumb today.

Top Bottom