• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best revenge films?

OZ9000

Banned
Recently saw Rambo Last Blood - pleasantly surprised. A very enjoyable movie from start to finish. Stallone's acting was great, and soundtrack was superb. The fight scenes were also satisfactory.

I'm also a fan of Taken, Man of Fire and Django Unchained.

Any other gems that I should consider?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Recently saw Rambo Last Blood - pleasantly surprised. A very enjoyable movie from start to finish. Stallone's acting was great, and soundtrack was superb. The fight scenes were also satisfactory.

First Blood Part II is a better revenge movie. They kill the hot girl Rambo likes, so he blows every single motherfucker up with ultimate prejudice.

rambo GIF

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Koreans love their brutal revenge movies.
Old boy and I saw the devil are two classics, but it's basically its own genre for Korea so there are tons more. Here is a good selection.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Koreans love their brutal revenge movies.
Old boy and I saw the devil are two classics, but it's basically its own genre for Korea so there are tons more. Here is a good selection.

A very fine selection indeed. Obviously Park Chan-Wook's vengeance trilogy are all stellar, and I still go back and forth on which is the best of the three. Oldboy is the obvious choice because its the flashiest, but Sympathy is just... I have to be honest when I first saw the movie (back when it was new, and pretty much unheralded) I can't remember a tougher watch for me personally, it took a force of will to not just nope out once it becomes apparent where its going!

Of the other titles on that page there's no shortage of winners, even if I do think Na Hong-Jin's stuff is kinda overrated. I'd suggest people check out some of the less well known titles like The Divine Move (which is batshit-crazy and kinda awesome) instead.

Pejo

Gold Member
Another vote for Payback and the Punisher movies. I'm going to read through this thread later, I love revenge flicks.

*Nightwing

After John Wick and Crow

Top Bottom