• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best season pass you've bought?

I was looking at my game list on Steam, seeing Talisman: Digital Edition and then realising just how much content that one season pass brought me. Nowadays it costs a lot more, but back then I bought it for barely anything on a sale, with barely a couple of DLC out and it gave in content in spades over the years, adding more and more, really amazing me how much I got for my money.

So, my question is, what's the best season pass you've bought? :unsure:

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Far Cry 5, four SP games for $30.

Tough call. Id say borderlands 2 season pass offered me a lot of content / co op gameplay with friends. Like four add on campaign packs each with different environments.

Also it looks like I made a good choice buying the xenoblade chronicles 2 season pass.

I haven't bought a lot of season passes.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Borderlands and The Witcher 3, though I'm sure you would call Witcher 3 a season pass...I did buy both the DLC though. Excellent.

Last edited:
Probably Fallout 4, bought it before the price went up.

Why did the price go up btw? Did they add something they didn't intend to add? Never bought Fallout 4 DLC, because the game wasn't that good and more so most of the DLC got bad reviews.

Fbh

Witcher 3. Both because it was very good in quality and also because the value is crazy.
The first DLC was a very fun side story featuring one of the most interesting characters in the game
And the second one almost felt like the Witcher 3.5, with new gameplay features and a completely new (and awesome) big area. It adds over 30 hours of quality content including a 15-20 hours main story with some amazing locations and radically branching paths towards the end. IMO it offered more than a lot of full $60 games

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Borderlands 2... easy!

Not saying for everyone.. but for me.. yeah, easy.

Yep. Came to post that one. Had a blast playing that game with friends and all the dlcs were very good.

Witcher 3 was probably better but I didn’t but that pass and ended up getting the two expansions on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely buy DLC, but the Mario Kart 8 season pass was fantastic value for 16 extra tracks.
Wanted to post this as well. It was $12.99 (I think?) if you got both packs. 4 or 5 new characters, a few new karts, and 16 tracks. The base game had 32, to provide context.

bati

Why did the price go up btw? Did they add something they didn't intend to add? Never bought Fallout 4 DLC, because the game wasn't that good and more so most of the DLC got bad reviews.

I think because they released more DLCs than they initially intended, plus increased the scope. If I remember correctly the price went up after Nuka World was announced.

Dayspring815

Neo Member
Witcher 3 and Nioh. Huge amount of content. Also I got a free Far Cry 4 for buying AC Unity season pass as an apology for buggy release.

In terms of the price and the bang for my buck it has to be the Dying Light season pass before Techland raised the price. Paid $20 for it and The Following DLC provided a vast map with more parkouring and the dune buggy was great.

EDMIX

Probably Fallout 4, bought it before the price went up.

Yea probably Fallout 4, now that I think about it, probably the only season pass I bought was Fallout 4 when it was on sale on PSN for like 20 or 30 or something.

I only bought a season pass for one game and that was Driveclub.
The developers absolutely delivered and communication and content was great.

Other than that I cannot remember buying a season pass as it isn't worth the money for me in most cases.

Redshirt

Banned
Driveclub was really good season pass.

Not sure I feel that way with FH3. The expansions were great but had to be purchased via a separate expansion pass.

nowhat

I rarely buy DLC, but the Mario Kart 8 season pass was fantastic value for 16 extra tracks.
That is the only season pass I've ever bought myself, and was completely satisfied with it, well worth the money.

However, in that instance, I knew what was coming. I knew exactly what I was paying for. Usually, it's just "pay us money upfront and you'll get... some content, at some point", very vague. I just cannot support that.

Hostile_18

Banned
Season pass wise there's 3 stand outs for me. Witcher 3, Fallout 3 and Mario Kart 8.

Injustice 2 was very decent as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Probably Nioh. The amount of extra content is immense, its all of quality equal or higher to the base game and the escalating difficulty settings/level ramps (climaxing in the Abyss mode's Diablo-style loot grind) transform the experience.

For me it would be The Witcher 3 first and Fallout 4 second. I have gotten more playtime out of those two sets of DLC than most full games this gen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Most recently Call of Duty’s WWII, gave me exactly what I wanted which was more maps and guns.

Pejo

Hm. Tough call. I don't really like any of them, but I guess Dark Souls 3 was good. I bought the Destiny 2 season pass and never regretted a single videogame related purchase more in my life.

kunonabi

Hyrule Warriors was the only good one despite no Groose.
Dragonball FighterZ had a super disappointing one and Tekken 7's was bloody abysmal.

It'll probably open up a big can of worms but the seasons pass for FFXV was cheap and there was a ton of content, maybe even too much, I definitely feel I got my moneys worth and thats not something I thought I'd ever say as generally I dont buy seasons passes for anything.

Valonquar

Problem with most season passes is how long it takes all the content to release. By the time the FIRST conent is out, I've already platinumed the game and moved on to something else.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Probably Dark Souls 2 "The Lost Crowns"-trilogy or Dark Souls 3. The Witcher 3 had some kickass DLC as well.

Top Bottom