• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Video Game Ringtones

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
DL links included!

Notifications
Persona 4: Aha! Is this our chance?
Sinistar: Beware, I live
The other Sinistar sound bytes.
Rhythm Heaven: Wubba dubba dub is that true?

For this one, I actually had it set up so that every time I got a text, it would be a different variation of "Wubba dubba dub is that true?" or "Woah! You go big guy!" You can get them all here.

Pacman Championship Edition DX: Fruit eat sound.
Dark Souls II:

Ringtones/Alarms

Nintendoland: 8-bit Theme song
Intro tune (this is a GREAT alarm)
Luigi's Mansion 2: Dual Scream Alert

I've been using the codec ringtone from Metal Gear for about 9 years

My text/email alert is the Street Fighter 2 character select sound.

I use Streets of Rage 2 music for my ring tones and alarm clock. All the tracks are good, just pick one. I like the later stages because the music is a bit more soothing for the alarm clock and the earlier stages because they are a bit more upbeat for the ringtones.

Also old game music (8-bit - 16bit) stuff just sounds better coming out of phones than music from newer games imo.

Parfait

Currently use Waterbike from Sonic rush Adventure as my alarm and a few ringtones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6FUW7JfveE

Smoke Weed Everyday is my notification sound/text sound until I find the Star Ocean 3 sound effects i'm looking for, goddamn ripping ps2 game sounds is hell. There's 200k in SO3 disc 2 alone, and most of them are repeats....

I use Doctor Mario Fever from Smash Melee as my ringtone. I like it because it kind of sounds like a generic ring tone, but it's a song some people might recognize. It's not overly gamey.

Toxi

Banned
I should make the Savage Deviljho roar my ringtone, just to identify any monster hunter players who break out in cold sweats.

Pejo

Gold Member
Shadow's theme from FF6 is my new one. Such a good chill song, and if you have volume set to increase as it plays, it kicks in with the whistle at just the right time. I don't answer anyone on 1-2 rings anymore just because i wanna hear the song.

Previously I was using the FFXIV remake of the FF2 battle theme.

Used to use the No More Heroes theme, now I use the Malo Mart theme from Twilight Princess because I'm a doofus.

Text tones are various Tatl alerts from Majora's Mask, before I was using the Superintendent beeps from Halo 3 ODST.

I used to work with a guy that had the Metal Gear Solid exclamation mark/detected noise for their incoming message and one day when it went off I said to him "Metal Gear?" and he was like "What?", so i'm like "That sound you have when you receive a message it's off Metal Gear" and he's like "No it's not! What is Metal Gear?" SMH! What a retard lol

Sephzilla

I use the Metal Gear Alert noise for my notifications.

Ringtones aren't gaming related but my generic ringtone is Hulk Hogan's Real American, all of my close friends have different entrance themes for theirs.

Mupod

Phoenix Wright's ringtone because most people would hear it and just think it's some generic ringtone. But one of these days someone will recognize it. One of these days.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered (Variation)

Let me tell you why this is the best video game ringtone of all time.

1.) The Cornered theme is just amazing.
2.) It's loud and high energy so it gets your attention immediately, just like any ringtone should.
3.) The "variation" form of Cornered is especially good for a ringtone because it has the super brief intro then goes RIGHT into into the main thrust of the song. There is very little buildup. It just has a couple notes before going right into the main part of the song. The other version of Cornered takes a bit before it gets to that best part.

And there you have it guys. Cornered variation isn't the best just because the song is amazing, but because it functionally serves the purpose of a ringtone better than pretty much anything else. You're welcome.

Zekes!

Some homie made a ringtone of the theme from the Persona 5 reveal trailer and posted it here; I use that.

I also use the OK desu ka sfx from Earthbound/Mother 3 too

ss-hikaru

My friend uses shulk's "I'm really feeling it!" for is text alert. Can't quite get enough of that online it seems lol

Same as my brother. I used Ike's Aether cos I'm similarly totally unsubtle. Although I put it on silent when I'm at work. For ringtone I use the Bravely Default picopico medley. And as my alarm on weekdays I use WELCOME TO DANGAN ISLAND (opening version) so I can feel the despair of another working day :p

Metal Gear Solid codec call for my ringer and spotted alert sound for my text tone.

I was just thinking today that the Modern Warfare 2 nuke countdown timer would be pretty obnoxious and hilarious to use as a ring tone. I'd definitely answer my phone with a sense of urgency.

Top Bottom