• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best way to hang frames securely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

I got some IKEA Ribba frames to hang and display photos from my collection. I didn't want my photos to only be available digitally and actually display a few of my favorites.

You might ask, "Why don't you just use a nail?"

Well, the area I'm trying to hang these frames is my entry hallway, so there's more foot traffic, so I need something more secure that won't easily fall off.

So I got these things:

SH_picturehangers_hangers.jpg

To give you an understanding of the frames this is how they look from behind.

FrameStep2.jpg

However, the back panel isn't as deep as this picture.

I also have a rental, so I can't do too much. I saw some solutions online that required more invasive alterations, which I cannot do.

Any pro picture hangers here. I tried looking online, but I'm having a hard time finding more secure methods without doing much to walls.

I'm the opposite of an handyman and suck with my this type of stuff. Laugh away :)

They look very lightweight. You shouldn't have a problem using a basic nail or hanger. It shouldn't need an anchor or anything special.

Command hooks? They work with these frames?

I use those for my closet doors for hanging belts and stuff.

I mean, you -could- use those, but nah I'm talking about something else. It's essentially double sided tape, but much stronger. Stick it on the sides, press against the wall, done. When you need to remove them, just pull down. Doesn't fuck up the wall.

entremet

They look very lightweight. You shouldn't have a problem using a basic nail or hanger. It shouldn't need an anchor or anything special.

I tend to bump them and they easily fall, which is why I wanted to see if anyone knows more secure methods.

I mean, you -could- use those, but nah I'm talking about something else. It's essentially double sided tape, but much stronger. Stick it on the sides, press against the wall, done. When you need to remove them, just pull down. Doesn't fuck up the wall.

Never heard of those. Any link?

zbarron

If you want to go with an anchor I love toggle bolts. They can hold a ton of weight and when it's time to take it out the back part just falls in between the wall never to bother anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom