• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best weird fun PS1/PS2 games

The recent Japanese arcade games inspired me to grab Bishi Bashi for the PS1, and I've been having a great time playing it with friends. I don't want the good times to end, so I'm looking for other quirky and fun games for PS1 or PS2 to enjoy.

I'm a big fan of Um Jammer Lammy and Vib Ribbon, not multiplayer games but fun to play with friends all the same. I've got a copy of Bust A Groove, and I'm eyeing off Incredible Crisis.

What other fun/quirky games would you guys recommend?

Miguel81

Can we include Jumping Flash for PS1. That one is pretty quirky and I played the heck out of the demo. Really blew me away at the time(('95).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
there was a Japanese game called LSD that is really fascinating. you should watch a walkthrough.

Great recommendations, folks, I've always wanted to play Gitaroo Man but had completely forgotten about it. I still have my OG PS1 demo disc with Jumping Flash on it so I've always been a fan of that game, and shamefully enough I've never actually played a Katamari game despite knowing full well that the series would be up my alley. Which is the best Katamari game? (I've got a PS2, 360, PS3)

Hedgey

Recently discovered Bishi bashi in Akihabara a couple months ago actually.
Maybe another odd one is Pacapaca Passion.

51863-Bishi_Bashi_Special_%28E%29-1.jpg

edit: should have read the OP

No worries man, the very game that inspired the thread!

I guess I can expand to other platforms as well, like wasn't there some strange pinballesque game on Gamecube?

Odama, it was from the creator of Seaman and it used the microphone.

There's much more weirdness to it. You were basically battling enemy soldiers with pinball.

sfedai0

Banned
Robotic Alchemic Drive. You control a giant robot and fight monsters inside the city, destroying it in the process..

Look for anything published by a company called "Age Tech" they made a lot of Japanese localizations.

Robot Alchemic Drive is a game that needs to be in everyone's life. See a video about it here.

If you're able to play NTSC-J games, track down a copy of Space Fishermen. You can also play a demo on one of the OPM discs. I don't know which issue off the top of my head.

2257381-563136_23287_front_1_.jpg

Siegmeyer

51OGwsdWRcL._SY300_.jpg

Gameplay was a bit hit and miss, but it was well worth it for me for the fantastic soundtrack. Pre-owned only cost a few quid from Amazon.

I have a test ps2 that can play games from all regions so I love threads like this. I actually just remember yesterday that I can now play Jumping Flash 3!

If you have a CRT and can pick up a PSX GunCon or two, or don't mind simulated lightgun controls on analog, the 3 Point Blank games are basically lightgun Bishi Bashi, and also extremely fun. Pretty easy to come by and cheap, too.

I'm in here trying to see if anyone comes up with this one weird PS1 game i don't even remember it that well it had everything even Sumo fighting don't even remember the name the only English on the cover was "The"

Top Bottom