• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betting time: Do you think the Switch 2 will be a success?

Will the Switch 2 be a success?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TLZ

Banned
I'm guessing it'll have the same success the 3DS had after DS.

Confused Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

StereoVsn

If Nintendo's next system is indeed Switch 2, a backward compatible next gen successor to Switch, it will be successful.

But that's not a given. Nintendo are unpredictable and really struggle to stick with what I working. Nintendo's next system good be the Nintendo Blooboo and have a controller you wear on your nose and do absolutely terrible.
Yep, if they decide to drop BC and go with some weird gimmick, all bets are off.

Otherwise no reason why they shouldn't continue with their success.

Moochi

There's lik a 5% chance Nintendo tries too hard to innovate and does something that's not quite ready, then goes back to the lab and fixes it in three years before its a problem

Given Nintendo's record for having successful back-to-back system releases I would say NO! The only way that I can see the Switch 2 being successful is if it has 100% backward compatibility with the Switch.

It depends on a lot of things. Me personally, as long as it has backwards compatibility, I'm happy. I think what a lot of people want is just a more powerful Switch, and if Nintendo can deliver on that along with strong first party titles (Like the open world Super Mario game that Bowser's Fury was totally a proof of concept for), I'm sure they'll do real well. But if they lean too hard into the gimmicky side of things, it could alienate third party developers along with a good portion of players who just want to play video games and not mess around with gimmicks, like what happened with the Wii U.

Robb

Gold Member
Xenoblade chronicles
The last story
Pandora’s tower…
Hence the etc., I could list games for Wii all day. There’s some real gems as well like Dead Space: Extraction and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. The system was a renaissance for light-gun games.

Kabelly

premature thread. the previous one was made when the console was actually revealed. but unless nintendo slips on a damn banana i don't see how it does flop. i know im buying it. i go where nintendo goes.

Celine

JnPX1WV.jpg

At least Gurish had the common sense to ask the question when all the pre-launch details about the Switch were available to the public.
It's at least since late 2019 that rumors about a new more powerful Switch are being whispered yet in 2023 we still have no official word on it.

Yes. It will be the console that finally beats PS2 in sales.
I'm afraid it will arrive too late and by that point in time the record holder will be the predecessor.

Last edited:

Trunim

All casual gamers I know of barely touched their Switch after their initial honeymoon phase. Can't see them buying the second one.

Last edited:

mykedo0909

If they call it switch 2, improve on all aspects, add a camera and have great games in the launch window:yes.

If they start a rebranding, bring unnecessary confused naming and start from scratch: im not sure

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If it's backwards compatible, has the same form and function as the first Switch, and maintains a very strong first party output, it'll probably have a shot at getting close to the PS2 in terms of sales.

Sethbacca

As long as it has BC and doesn't have some asinine name then yeah. They should just call it Super Switch, give it an SNES color theme and watch the money roll in.

Top Bottom