• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation will release 6 Live Service games by March 2025. How many will be successful?

How many of PlayStations six Live Service games (releasing by March 2025) will be successful?

• 0 - 1. The market is saturated and it's a crapshoot making these games.

• 2 - 4. I'm like Switzerland.

• 5 - 6. We've only just begun. PlayStation knows what it's doing here.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Oh don't get me wrrong. I'm not Swiss. I'm from the US. I just google translated my post to German because of the poll haha.
No. You are already Swiss in my mind. I can't go back.

Jigsaah:

1000_F_223507390_c2nSQcimevDgnSVPOVd4kLA5tNa77wga.jpg

Quantum253

I guess about as well as MAG did. That game had about 4 years to it then died.
I suppose if they can replicate Fortnite, PUBG, etc. then maybe, but the arena/Battle Royal game genre is about done and players are ready for something new.
If Sony can take a popular IP and make an enticing live element to it then maybe. However, games are almost all based on Microtransactions/Streamers/Mobile elements in this age so it's really what will stream and get people to buy microtransactions that will be pushed through.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
0-1, the market isn't necessarily saturated, they just don't have what it takes to make a damn good one that will steal enough of an audience from others.

Top Bottom