• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How To Play PlayStation Exclusive Games On Xbox Using Boosteroid

Skifi28

lIq6TUB.gif

King Dazzar

Cloud gaming is a fine supplemental thing. I wouldn't want that to be what I game on for everything.

Having options triggers a hell of a lot of people on here. Did you guys just realize that PS games are on cloud or something? You can literally play it on a browser if you want.
I dont think so. I just personally couldn't drop to that level of quality. I think thats what some may struggle to get there head around. I tried some xcloud gaming a few months back and it was a decidedly sub par experience. Others may find it fine. Lucky them.

El Muerto

I remember doing this with Parsec and Rainway. It got better when Edge on Xbox switched to chromium but it wasnt perfect.

MarkMe2525

I mean, you can do a lot of cool things when you have a feature rich browser on your machine. I can also play NES emulators in my browser. In saying that, the obvious take away is that Xbox won, and is now the ultimate gaming console.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Best Chess I play these days is just on my chrome browser. But it's turn based and doesn't require anything great graphically nor does it require low latency.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Cloud? Yuck. If I didn't have a PS5 I'd rather wait for PC releases before I'd play over cloud.
Ehhh. Cloud gaming has been nothing short of magical for me.

I was able to subscribe to a PC cloud gaming site(Shadow PC), stream the game from some PC somewhere, to my phone, then do PC Remote Desktop from my Quest 2, to my phone. And that’s how I played Half life Alyx on my Quest 2. And it fucking worked beautifully. And I’ve had no issue streaming or remote play with either Xbox or PlayStation.

StereoVsn

Why do you guys care? I have a 70 inch and a 65 inch. I can play Switch on the 70 inch and many games are sub 1080p. They're 4K TVs.

I like nice graphics, but it's not the dealbreaker it is for some people on here. Literally all I'm saying is that there's barely any Sony games I want to play right now, and for the last 3 years. For that small number of games, I'm fine considering a cloud option in the future. Ready to unhook the PS5 at this point and hook up the Wii U to play older stuff. PS5 is not being used for several years now.

I'm not as worried about the cost as I am just setting it up for the ease of use I like on console. I'll have 2400 by the end of the year without really noticing the auto-withdrawals I set up.
You could go for a pre-built if you aren’t sure about building that yourself. Get a 3 year warranty, look at some reviews (GamersNexus and LTT have some videos on different brands and support), and it’s not too bad as far as upkeep now days.

Edit : Most driver updates can happen with a few clicks. You can even get auto tuning for games with GeForce Experience (or their new App). It’s not perfect but good enough basically if you don’t want to tinker.

I also recommend not getting an ITX based PC as those are hard to work with and are costly for what they offer. Unless you have space constraints and know what you are doing with cabling and cooling.

Last edited:

Schmick

Cloud gaming is a fine supplemental thing. I wouldn't want that to be what I game on for everything.

Having options triggers a hell of a lot of people on here. Did you guys just realize that PS games are on cloud or something? You can literally play it on a browser if you want.
Sorry, had to pick you up on this, I don't think you can play PS games on cloud via a browser. The only way you can play PS games on cloud I'm aware of is via PS Plus for PC via their PC app.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sorry, had to pick you up on this, I don't think you can play PS games on cloud via a browser. The only way you can play PS games on cloud I'm aware of is via PS Plus for PC via their PC app.
Weird. If I have any need for this next gen I'll look it up.

Schmick

The question I have is, how has Boosteroid managed to add those Sony games to their library when nVidia (Geforce Now) cannot add them to theirs.

Topher

Gold Member
The question I have is, how has Boosteroid managed to add those Sony games to their library when nVidia (Geforce Now) cannot add them to theirs.

Good question. I’m curious to know if Sony even knows their games are on this service. Boosteroid doesn’t give out a list of available games like GFN unless you sign up.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I've always had really good results with cloud gaming, after I got my ISP to run me a new line from my node. I went from 86ms ping and 3-10% packet loss to 32ms ping 0% packet loss. It was transformative and many cloud sessions are indistinguishable from native.

Schmick

Good question. I’m curious to know if Sony even knows their games are on this service. Boosteroid doesn’t give out a list of available games like GFN unless you sign up.
Here's a list I found without having to sign up.

I cant find any concrete information on the Boosteroid system specs however I think the specs are not as high as GFN Ultimate currently (although Boosteroid is cheaper). That said Boosteroid will be offering a 4K tier which will make use of AMD's 7900 XT GPU.

Edit: Helldivers 2 was playable on Boosteroid before it was taken away so perhaps Sony do know?

Last edited:

Schmick

I love JRPGs to death but the quibble isn't just visual fidelity, it's also latency in games that require quick-reflexes.

If I select Attack in Persona, I won't feel a 100ms difference at all, big difference to say, Gears of War or Spider-Man.
I've completed the following games on cloud via PS Extra;

TLoU
TLoU2
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2

and have been trying to complete GoW1 (stuck on a part at the moment).

Latency has not been an issue.

Gojiira

Pushing that fucking narrative again…’Console wars…Xbox is soooooo great offering THEIR games on PlayStation and Switch’….Ugh, I swear people forget just how adversarial Microsoft have always been towards Playstation, they fueled the console wars more than anyone, and now that they have driven their platform into the ground Im supposed to feel sympathy for the plight of the games-less Xbox fans? No…Its funny how its accepted that Nintendo games are exclusive, or how PC has a ton of great exclusives but when it comes to PS its nonstop ‘waaaaa waaaaa! It should be on Xbox! Gamings better when everyone plays! Waaaa!’ Insufferable…

MarkMe2525

Pushing that fucking narrative again…’Console wars…Xbox is soooooo great offering THEIR games on PlayStation and Switch’….Ugh, I swear people forget just how adversarial Microsoft have always been towards Playstation, they fueled the console wars more than anyone, and now that they have driven their platform into the ground Im supposed to feel sympathy for the plight of the games-less Xbox fans? No…Its funny how its accepted that Nintendo games are exclusive, or how PC has a ton of great exclusives but when it comes to PS its nonstop ‘waaaaa waaaaa! It should be on Xbox! Gamings better when everyone plays! Waaaa!’ Insufferable…
In what realm of existence does talking about a neat trick one can do with a web browser on a console "pushing a narrative"? Take you blinders off, not everything is some cynical attack on your favorite gaming brand. This is a gaming forum, gaming related tech and novel ways of utilizing them are going to be discussed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom