• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betty White dead at 99 (would've hit 100 on January 17th)

ManaByte

e63a972848879d129dadbdff293d0fa6.jpg

FunkMiller

Dying unexpectedly right before hitting a major milestone, after a huge effort to get there.

Truly a Dark Souls death if ever there was one.

RIP.

Max_Po

Banned
really sad news. I read a few days ago how she was preparing to celebrate her 100th Birthday.

Rest in Peace

MastAndo

A bummer she didn't hit the century mark, but she lived a long, successful life and was universally loved. That's all anyone could ever ask for. RIP Ms. White.

Javthusiast

Banned
RIP to a legend. Bummer she didn't made it to 100, but she was close so it counts. Many of us probably can only dream of making it close to 100 and still be as energetic as she was and even remotely as funny.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m envious honestly. She was active and still had a sharp mind at 90+ . I can barely move and definitely slower minded at age 45 lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
She's got to be the most likeable celeb ever. You never hear a bad thing about her, said from her, and she's always cheery.

Funny thing is I never followed her career (most of her stuff was long time ago) and never watched Golden Girls, yet it feels bad she's gone. I admit, anytime I'd see a random link about Betty White news, I click it. A very likeable celeb.

I was at my cousins wedding last night and saw a notification about “Betty White shared her secrets to staying young leading up to her 100th birthday” or something like that come up on my phone. Gave a smile and kept it moving.

This morning I’m editing photos that I took and saw that pop up and was blown away. Very sad. Rest In Peace and thank you for being a friend in the 80’s while watching golden girls at my grandmas.

Top Bottom