• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Huh??
Beyoncé is the one with the committee darling
e5321925.png
as if Adele doesn't too lmao

Frodo

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

At Madonna not being on the AIWFCIY Carpool Karaoke. When Adele showed up and then they started showing other people I knew Madonna would be the one not to sing it! lololololol

HkJjJWD.gif

Edit: also, I stand corrected on Halsey being the most blackest person ever. Being from North Africa doesn't necessarily make you black, though. So I still need more receipts on Ariana.

Brhoom

Banned
Ironic how she is still trying with sexiness, tho.

Not to mention Madonna's showmanship is unrivaled. That's why her tours make so much more money than Mariah's.

She said it, some survived.

And Mariah still has the Music and the Voice, what does Madonna have now?

giphy.gif

Brhoom

Banned
Although I agree, Mariah doesn't need to dress like that for her shows, people are here for your voice and songs, not for your rum infuesed physique.

Brhoom

Banned
Thinking about it, Mariah shades a lot of people, but they all shaded her first, except for kim which to this day I don't understand why Mariah came at her.

Frodo

That Mariah shade has no reason of existing. It from a decade ago when Madonna was ruling with Confessions, aka one of the best POP music albums ever. Saying Madonna doesn't have the songs, when no one has more top 10 hits than her, and albums like Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Confessions single-handedly had more impact than most of other people's entire careers, is borderline delusional. Mariah has (had?) the vocals, but it seems silly to me to try to shade Madonna for not being a good singer, when Madonna, even not being a good singer, still managed to remain more relevant and influential than her.

It is specially petty in hindsight considering Madonna just won Woman of the Year, while being the most profitable touring artist ever, while she is staring in a messy, to put it gently, reality TV show and relying on a 20 years old song that gets aired once an year.

HkJjJWD.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I want all the videos of the artists doing All I want

well not all just gaga and adele

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as the best of 2016 albums list season rolls around, i want to say sorry to some of your faves for having the bad luck to release the best albums of their sad careers in the same year that beyonce released lemonade. better luck next time!

The Flop

Banned
as the best of 2016 albums list season rolls around, i want to say sorry to some of your faves for having the bad luck to release the best albums of their sad careers in the same year that beyonce released lemonade. better luck next time!

The fact that some of our favs flopped hard this year.

tumblr_oi5kpk34To1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

B-Dex

Watersports remains a heavy flow exclusive. So no one is bothered.

Vazduh

When did Taylor Swift come for K-Pop. She was trying it with lee Min Ho. Wat.

How did that even happen? #rip

beyonce-confused.gif

Madonna's woman of the year speech was excellent

Also I came here to ask how y'all discovered Annie? I heard of her from you guys posting this song in the last OT I think https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ym8is0n1iRs

Iirc, Chewing Gum and Heartbeat were the songs I heard first and then I just listened to the rest/kept stanning.

Anniemal is still one of my favorite CDs I own. Just all-around a great electropop album.

Lemonade wasn't even THAT good.

2016 is just a poor mans 2013

rhandino

Banned
The best thing about Joanne is that her stans already moved on from that other tragic effort that she tried to pass for art.

The bad thing is that we are going to suffer the deluge of excuses and arguments about why Juana is actually good and we just don't get it.

Anyway! Excited for 2016 and the inevitable releases of new Sheeran, new Lorde and new Katheryn.

Vazduh

I decided to give 24k Magic another chance... Ugh, what was he thinking?

But... he actually made a fun throwback album.

UmAid9g.gif

No "Grenades" or "Just The Way You Are". Even a syrupy slow jam "Versace on the floor" has its tongue firmly in cheek. This is the Bruna I can use, the one who finally accepted his corniness and even embraced it.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Little Mons†er;226711709 said:
Lemonade wasn't even THAT good.

2016 is just a poor mans 2013
That's just bologna. Lemonade is a concept album that actually tells a story and it just sounds beautiful from her voice to the production. Self-titled is a good album, with great songs, but nothing is tying it together at all, it's just a bunch of mish and mash.

I decided to give 24k Magic another chance... Ugh, what was he thinking?

OqoZbjK.gif
I hate that album so much and I'm so disappointed in him. Been a fan of his for a loooong time and liked everything else he put out. Him trying to chase that Uptown Funk greatness is gross.

Top Bottom