• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 |OT| Don’t H8 When Fist Meets Fate

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

"1? n*gga I got shapes"
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

How does everyone feel about the new Tekken Shop with micro-transactions coming to Tekken 8?
16_tek02.jpg

Personally, I am okay with it if it adds things like Tekken 2 Anna, Tekken 3 Hwoarang, and Tekken 4 Marduk skins at a reasonable price. (When the characters are added.)
anna-pose1.gif
hwoarang-sprite-t3.gif
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I knew Tekken 7 messed up some faces but after coming back to Tekken 8 and watching this video it's like WOW, not only do characters look more "natural" (Asuka, Alisha, etc, looking less weeb) in Tekken 8 but also somehow closer to their Tekken 5/6 CGI versions (Dragunov, Devil Jin, etc).

Holly fuck!! its like Tekken 8 is CGI version.
EkrkmDu.png

SC57oqb.png

Last edited:

John Bilbo

I'm about to just stop bothering getting to purple and be fine with tenryu.

It's been this all today and yesterday.
1445-pepew.png

My game crashes about once every two hours of gameplay. Sometimes it crashes when I'm winning, other times when I'm losing. It sucks that it makes it seem like I am rage quitting as I love playing this game.

How does everyone feel about the new Tekken Shop with micro-transactions coming to Tekken 8?
16_tek02.jpg

Personally, I am okay with it if it adds things like Tekken 2 Anna, Tekken 3 Hwoarang, and Tekken 4 Marduk skins at a reasonable price. (When the characters are added.)
anna-pose1.gif
hwoarang-sprite-t3.gif
hqdefault.jpg
As long, as it is only... and i mean ONLY shit for the stupid avatars and NOT for the characters... No, wait, adding MTS AFTER all the Reviews are out and people bought the game... as the Keef said it... eat a bag of dicks!

My game crashes about once every two hours of gameplay. Sometimes it crashes when I'm winning, other times when I'm losing. It sucks that it makes it seem like I am rage quitting as I love playing this game.
That sucks. I usually assume game issue if it happens mid opponents attack.
However this is what I've been getting.

I can mentally see him scrambling to that router when I landed that throw. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
This is my favorite one though.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

That sucks. I usually assume game issue if it happens mid opponents attack.
However this is what I've been getting.

I can mentally see him scrambling to that router when I landed that throw. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
This is my favorite one though.

I mean it could be in both of these cases the game stopped receiving inputs from your opponents because the game crashed. There's no way to know.

Show me your best costumes guys

Here's one of my favorite

0Q6oMRX.jpg
pzQWV62.jpg

My Devil Reina and Beach Girl Reina lol

Btw Congratulations to anyone climped out of red rank. Red ranks is kind of hell hole right now lol. I went to Tenryu once and back to Garyu at the same day lmao.

Last edited:
Reached Blue recently

XYe3kWW.jpg
Congrats!
Need to play online more, I mostly play offline with friends with same characters. I stucked in red ranks because don't know the match-up of most characters lol.
Now with heat system it's harder to climb up the rank than Tekken 7 @@.

NT80

16_tek02.jpg

anna-pose1.gif
hwoarang-sprite-t3.gif
hqdefault.jpg
I think it's fine considering how much is packed into the base game. Lots of characters, outfits and modes are already there and a few new things will be free.
SF6 had about half the cast and less outfits and the new ones I think cost more to buy.

ReBurn

Gold Member
16_tek02.jpg

anna-pose1.gif
hwoarang-sprite-t3.gif
hqdefault.jpg
Tekken 7 already had individually purchasable characters that you could buy outside of season passes so I'm expecting that. If the other MTX are mainly cosmetics then I don't care.Dress up your doll however you want. If the MTX give someone an advantage then that will suck.

SSfox

I'm so pissed that I have to buy the game a second time, this tactic of announcing shop after release is so scummy they fucked me up I'm so sad FR

1bkijgC.png

Dlc character is free to play in practice mode too. That is really cool.
Edit: wrong information
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I don't want to see Gen Z Eddy every time I open the game. Story mode for DLC characters is great for players looking to try out DLC characters, but the $3.99 costumes are bought with an in-game currency that you pay for with real money! Why not just make it directly purchaseable? And people gave Dead or Alive 6 a hard time... The first crop of costumes is not even worth shelling out money for in my opinion.
20_tekken-updates01.jpg

20_tekken-updates02.jpg

20_tekken-updates03.jpg

20_tekken-updates04.jpg
At least Eddy will get his dreads look. Hopefully his old costume is also unlockable...
20_tekken-updates17.jpg

I'm so pissed that I have to buy the game a second time, this tactic of announcing shop after release is so scummy they fucked me up I'm so sad FR
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

P.S. Michael Murray is really starting to look like a Karen. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I don't want to see Gen Z Eddy every time I open the game. Story mode for DLC characters is great for players looking to try out DLC characters, but the $3.99 costumes are bought with an in-game currency that you pay for with real money! Why not just make it directly purchaseable? And people gave Dead or Alive 6 a hard time... The first crop of costumes is not even worth shelling out money for in my opinion.
20_tekken-updates01.jpg

20_tekken-updates02.jpg

20_tekken-updates03.jpg

20_tekken-updates04.jpg
At least Eddy will get his dreads look. Hopefully his old costume is also unlockable...
20_tekken-updates17.jpg

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

P.S. Michael Murray is really starting to look like a Karen. :ROFLMAO:
I would just wait for the mod honestly, not gonna spend any money for mtx. And so far no interesting costume. Only Jun looks nice but I don't play her.
If Anna(old main) is after Eddy I hope they choose her second outfit like those 2 below, then maybe I will buy:
i-wonder-why-anna-zebra-outfit-never-made-it-into-tekken-7-v0-kbm67wmbdj7a1.jpg
OR
dfpndvyyiyc61.jpg

Never understand why people like her default chinese dress...

Last edited:

SSfox

Can somebody that own SF6 or MK1 and bought costume teste this for me?

Go into another PSN account with different region and see if that costume is unlocked there too

Last edited:

Crayon

I'll have to see what the store is like. I only spent.like $20 on the sfv store over the years and didn't feel like I was missing much so I was cool with that.

I also noticed that when I did buy a costume, it kinda felt like I was buying a gift for my character, which is a bit strange in retrospect

Me neither. It is tacky as hell. I even prefer the hooker costumes over that. Personally, I always liked the promotional prima donna look (long red dress with wide-brimming hat).
OIP.tUhCvR9juW9hv2o5098JSAAAAA
anna-art1.jpg
Yeah the dress is more simple yet more elegant than most of outfits they design lately. Maybe some tweaks here and there but still a lot better.

I swear there is really high chance they gonna make her looks weird and overdesign AF based on how they designed characters recently ( Paul, Nina, Lars, Leo, Steve, Alisa...)

Harada himself doesn't even understand why Reina is so popular, he thought her design/character is bland lmao. What a shit tatse.

Last edited:
Yeah the dress is more simple yet more elegant than most of outfits they design lately. Maybe some tweaks here and there but still a lot better.

I swear there is really high chance they gonna make her looks weird and overdesign AF based on how they designed characters recently ( Paul, Nina, Lars, Leo, Steve...)

Harada himself doesn't even understand why Reina is so popular, he thought her design/character is bland lmao. What a shit tatse.
I have the controversial opinion that Reina is just Xiaoyu going through a Goth phase.
Tekken-8-Renia-PV_12-12-23-320x180.jpg
a55a46dbfe3826c452eb2e73e4dbcd1a1680114468_large.jpg

851.png

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Can somebody that own SF6 or MK1 and bought costume teste this for me?

Go into another PSN account with different region and see if that costume is unlocked there too
DLC is generally region locked because it's a different SKU, but if your DLC is bought for the same region as the game your booting up, it should work fine. However when it concerns costumes, they tend not to be "DLC" any more, but server side unlocks for an account, because you buy these things in-game and not via the console store so the server just says "yes this account now has access this costume X". This means that booting up the game with a different account probably won't give you access to any of the in-game bought stuff.

LOL... Fucking hell, that MTX-BS is making me angry. TTT2-Jun is available as a totally fine mod. All in all the costumes (like the T7 ones) look like simple imports, quality wise. And let me guess... you can't purchase 400 Fuckyou-Dollars as a pack... only 300 or 500 or something else disgustingly predatory... Fuck Bamco. (People who comment "It's just cosmetics..." or "Then don't buy it..." don't get the point and should be plagued with rotting genitalia!)
And, on a personal note: anybody else having really bad audio mixing on PC? Voices are almost to quiet, normal hits are also not that noticeable but the new hit sound effects almost peak and crackle... super weird.

SSfox

DLC is generally region locked because it's a different SKU, but if your DLC is bought for the same region as the game your booting up, it should work fine. However when it concerns costumes, they tend not to be "DLC" any more, but server side unlocks for an account, because you buy these things in-game and not via the console store so the server just says "yes this account now has access this costume X". This means that booting up the game with a different account probably won't give you access to any of the in-game bought stuff.
Oh my this scares me, guess we'll found out soon but i hope i won't have to buy the game a second time, what a fucked up situation those morons couldn't just told us about this shop before release...

Oh my this scares me, guess we'll found out soon but i hope i won't have to buy the game a second time, what a fucked up situation those morons couldn't just told us about this shop before release...
Well... in some parts of the world such an in-game shop changes the age rating, and in some publications MTX changes the final thoughts of a review (seemingly and hopefully for the worse). Things like these should be punishable, and, to be honest, hopefully the cheat trainers to change the arbitrary "In game currency" amount will come fast and spread wide.

SSfox

Beside changing netcode to prioritize response and turn off HDR is there anything else that improve input lag on PS5?

Klosshufvud

Harada's twitter rant regarding rising development costs as justification for scummy practises triggered me. He's claming T8 had three times higher budget than T7, yet T7 launched on consoles with more content, better netcode and better balance. He claims it costs a fortune keep up the Fight Lounge hubs yet who even asked for that shit? If server costs are so painful, who not just stick to Steam/PSN to do the work for you?

He claims games are so much better today but I'm convinced they haven't remastered T5DR because a huge chunk of players would just play that instead. He claims we are blinded by nostalgia goggles but it's not nostalgia goggle that Tekken 5 came with THREE older Tekken games and treated as a mere bonus rather than a $30 DLC. He refuse to answer why the Tekken Shop was kept hidden until after reviews went out. He's refused to admit the massive balance and stability issues of the game. He's asked us to spend $70 + $30 + whatever costume costs and still acts like we're all whiny spoiled brats.

SkylineRKR

Harada's twitter rant regarding rising development costs as justification for scummy practises triggered me. He's claming T8 had three times higher budget than T7, yet T7 launched on consoles with more content, better netcode and better balance. He claims it costs a fortune keep up the Fight Lounge hubs yet who even asked for that shit? If server costs are so painful, who not just stick to Steam/PSN to do the work for you?

He claims games are so much better today but I'm convinced they haven't remastered T5DR because a huge chunk of players would just play that instead. He claims we are blinded by nostalgia goggles but it's not nostalgia goggle that Tekken 5 came with THREE older Tekken games and treated as a mere bonus rather than a $30 DLC. He refuse to answer why the Tekken Shop was kept hidden until after reviews went out. He's refused to admit the massive balance and stability issues of the game. He's asked us to spend $70 + $30 + whatever costume costs and still acts like we're all whiny spoiled brats.

I dropped this game in favor of Like a Dragon and also FFVII Rebirth coming soon.

T8 is good, but it bored me very quickly. The netcode is ass. Half of the matches were borderline unplayable while I am on 500mb wired and on my region server. Lots of players flicked on assist mode in the lower brackets which is perhaps easy to punish but just not fun to fight against. I don't really like the mechanics too. Rage Art, and some moves auto triggering heat I don't particularly like. The game feels very unbalanced, obviously because this is the very first version.

Story mode was better than T7 but its something I will never replay. Arcade quest was.. well, not a patch on VF4's quest mode and I think it only lasts about 2 hours too. I did a handful of the special ghosts too for the trophy and I wasn't feeling I played something different from regular bots.

Tekken Ball is a good addition but I was never a big fan of it. When it comes to single player T6 was the last one I enjoyed, I happened to like scenario campaign a lot and the customization was pretty sick.

I think I should T7 another whirl and play with Lidia, AK and Fakh who I all enjoyed more than the cast in T8 so far.

The state of this topic reminds me Tekken 7 is pure trash. From inception to the grave it offered nothing but disappointment. Everything in it was a half-assed attempt at porting Tekken to a new engine and a major downgrade from franchise standards. I am so happy Tekken 8 made the present and future of Tekken worth looking forward to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom