• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Band Coming to Skullgirls Encore Tuesday

Loudninja

He’s almost here: Big Band, Skullgirls Encore’s first male character, arrives for free next Tuesday, April 22nd!

Once a regular beat cop known as Ben Birdland, he fell flat when he got on the wrong side of New Meridian’s corrupt police force. Birdland was broken and bent out of shape by his former colleagues, but was tuned up by Dr. Avian and ASG Lab 8. Now he is armed with a full ensemble of pneumatic weaponry, transforming him into the full fortissimo instrument of justice: “Big Band.”
Thanks to the incredible support of Skullgirls’ fans, Big Band is the second of 5 additional characters funded by Lab Zero’s Indiegogo campaign to be added to Skullgirls Encore. Big Band is Skullgirls’s first male character, and lives up to his name with unique gameplay mechanics that take advantage of his tremendous size and musical motif.

Big Band’s a high risk / high reward sort of character – he has a versatile and powerful moveset for just about any situation, but many of his attacks will leave you vulnerable if you miss or misjudge your opponent.

Big Band’s “Bagpipe Blues” taunt actually powers up two of his supers: Super-Sonic Jazz and Tympany Drive. So if you can end a combo and squeeze in a taunt while your opponent is knocked down, the next time you hit could lead into some really huge damage.

Big Band is also the only member of the Skullgirls Encore cast who can parry incoming attacks. He’ll still take a little damage when parrying, but it will give you the opportunity to retaliate against your opponent with a special move or combo.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/18/big-band-coming-to-skullgirls-encore-tuesday/#sf2633428

It's worth to note that Fukua will also be released in the upcoming weeks.

The sneak peeks for Eliza make her looks amazing:

GJTWAev.gif

su8IjyQ.gif

Oops, you beat me to it. :p

Great news!

BigBand Trailer

Along with what you mentioned there's also confirmation that Fukua will be coming out to PSN in "a few weeks."

We let our fans decide if they wanted to keep a “clone” character like Fukua in the game, and the answer was a resounding “Yes!” So since her April Fool’s debut, we’ve been testing her in the PC beta, tuning and improving her, and preparing her for primetime.
So in the coming weeks, PS3 Skullgirls Encore players can expect another update, which will add Fukua to the game, completely free!

... and that glorious sneak peek at what Eliza's going to be bringing to the table!
jjiiF1L.png

oFi4KXC.png

Can't wait!

Ravidrath

I'm almost afraid to ask. Any ETA on any 360 update?

Was really hoping to have something to announce on that today, but with it being tested at MS Japan, it's already the weekend there.

Fortunately, MS can put things on the store with almost no lead time. So once it passes, it should be out quickly.

Rated-G

Oh, Hey! Big
Zam
Band!

Seriously though, it makes me happy that this game has continually received love from both the fans and the creators alike so long after release.

.la1n

Is there a separate unlock code needed for Big Band because after the patch all I see is he is on the select screen and it says "Download Content Available!"

Ravidrath

Is there a separate unlock code needed for Big Band because after the patch all I see is he is on the select screen and it says "Download Content Available!"

Yes, you need to go "buy" that from the PSN store to unlock him.

He can be a little hard to find:

Games > New > Add-ons > New PS3 Add-ons See More > Scroll to bottom

Got Big Band on Steam today - he's super fun to play. Great story mode too - glad he's one of the nicer Skullgirls characters.

Only problem for me is I keep getting stuck on his MP taunt due to button mashing.

Excited to see him in the next three characters' story modes!

Top Bottom